      From: beeman <amendment2@...>
      Subject: [dutchovencooking] Re: My First POT
      To: dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, April 1, 2011, 5:15 PM

      Like John, I burnt the scalloped potatoes to a crisp in my first no name Dutch Oven which I bought in 1979. It was all we could do to chip the charcoal out of that DO and I knew nothing about seasoning or heat control. Much water under the bridge later and I now have Lodge, Camp Chef, and MACA DOs. a 6", 8", 10", 10"deep,three 12", a 12"deep, a 13" (MACA and REAL DEEP),two 14", a 14" deep, and two 16".I also have an ultimate DO, an ultimate Turkey Roaster,four skillets, and five different table set-ups...It is ridiculous. The worst is having to buy the 600 pounds of charcoal that goes on sale before the 4th of July!