60765Re: My First POT

  • beeman
    Apr 1, 2011
      I know we have gotten far off the first pot topic but I just want to say that that pile of charcoal and the Dutchovens are great survival / emergency cooking tools. Look at the disaster in Japan and appreciate that with some areas that aren't irradiated but still remote and with electricity down, it's nice to have an oven like we have to rely on. Or electricity goes down in the winter storm, we cook in our fireplaces with the DO.
      Now back to the topic line. I don't know what happened to my original DO from back in thelate 70's. I think cousin Betsy and her husband took it.