      From: Ken <savage99_250@...>
      Subject: [dutchovencooking] Re: My First POT
      To: dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, April 1, 2011, 2:37 PM

      Greg, three years ago, my wife had enough of my cooking pots and supplies all over the house, porch, carport, etc. We bought a 12 x 16 foot portable building which was named "The DOG House"

      I built shelves down both sides, and built a loft area across the back. Ice chests, coolers, and lightweight items went in the loft. Cast iron was stacked on the floor and bottom shelves, along with chuck boxes, cook tables, and propane stoves.

      There is also about 400 pounds of charcoal kept there, along with my electric roasters, fish frying pots, and large propane fryer burners.

      I now can walk in the door and down the center most of the way to the middle of the building to find things.

      Next project is to build a ramp outside the door. It will be hinged so it can be lifted to the tailgate of the truck, so that I can roll heavier boxes up the ramp to the truck, and roll them back to the building when finished.

      BTW: I try to catch the 'buy one get one free' charcoal sales at Lowes and Home Depot during Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day to keep stocked.

      Ken