      From: fowlerlou20 <fowlerlou20@...>
      To: dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, September 1, 2009 6:12:02 AM
      Subject: [dutchovencooking] cowboy casserole

      Here's a recipe we did this weekend for a couple of folks who were interested in seeing how dutch oven cooking is done.

      2 pounds hamburger meat
      1 large onion chopped
      2 cans pinto beans
      2 cans cream of mushroom soup
      1 can Rotel tomatoes and green chiles

      Brown the hamburger and drain. Mix that with all the other ingredients.
      Top with your favorite cornbread recipe. Bake until the cornbread is done.

      You can adjust ingredients to your tastes. I bake this in a 14 inch oven, and we had plenty!! We also did a peach cobbler and steamed broccoli and cauliflower in a 10 inch pot and topped the veggies with shredded cheese.

      I used a parchment liner in the cobbler pot. Found the liners in the camping section at Walmart. This was a really good meal and we were stuffed.