52504Re: Butter Question?

  • Biscuit
    Feb 1, 2009
      Thanks Joanne. I have been meaning to write Paula Dean on this, but
      have not got around to it. We watch FOOD TV a lot. Most Chefs, aka
      Emeril and others uses a lot of salt. Emeril had his mother on one
      time and fussed at him about too much salt.

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "jdhart99" <jdhart999@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Biscuit,
      >
      > I asked that very question when I was taking a class at the local
      > culinary school here in Vegas. It was explained to me that unsalted
      > butter is used in cooking so that the cook can better control to
      > saltiness of the dish that they are cooking. The control the final
      > saltiness of the dish by adding salt. Often cooks will use butter
      in a
      > pan sauce so they don't want the salt level effected by adding the
      > butter. Ultimately it's about controlling the flavor.
      >
      > According to our chef, the vast majority of commercial recipes call
      for
      > unsalted butter.
      >
      > Joanne
      >

      > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Biscuit" <n5hbb@> wrote:
      > >
      > > When do you use SALTED butter vs NON SALTED ?
      > >
      > > I always buy the Non Salted kind.
      > >
      > > Biscuit

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic