49042Re: Timing Cinnamon Rolls for Breakfast

  • the_redneck_gourmet
    Jul 7 12:36 PM
      ---
      Lisa what is done is that the rolls are put on their sides, not their
      bottoms. You put in tight so that the only way for them to expand is
      up. You get a bigger "loaf" of bread rather than rolls or biscuits.
      There are several pictures in the photos of variouscanned biscuits in
      different size ovens.
      Just take them out of the can and start around the sides of the oven
      till you meet then start around ring till you feel up the bottom. It
      will take a little longer to cook thios way but you get a diffenent
      creature. I did over 200 in a 20" at a cookoff just for the show one
      time and topped it with a rasberry glaze. One woman got mad at me
      because she did not believe me when I told her how I baked
      my "bread". I told her the truth that it was just canned biscuits
      packed tight. She told me she knew what a canned biscuit taste like
      and that just was not a canned biscuit and stormed off!
      Doug

      In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "taconite2001" <lweber36@...>
      wrote:

      > Did you say 5 cans of cinnamon rolls in a 12inch? Please explain
      > how that works. When I cook cinnamon rolls from a can I can only
      > fit 2 cans. Please explain!
      >
      > lisa
      >
      > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Dean&Ruth Patterson"
      > <d.k.patterson@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have used caned cinnamon rolls many times if takes about 40
      > minutes
      > > to bake them 8 rolls in a can 5 cans in a 12 inch and I have not
      > had
      > > any left over. I know they are not home made but I did not have
      > > get up 2 hr before everyone else. Try them you mite get lazy like
      > me.
      > > Dean
      > >

      > > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Hotmail K2outside"
      > > <k2outside@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I'd love to make cinnamon rolls while on an upcoming camping
      > trip.
      > > Looking
      > > > at the recipes I find, it looks like I'm in for two hours from
      > the
      > > time my
      > > > feet hit the ground until we're eating hot rolls. That
      includes
      > > mixing,
      > > > kneading, rising, rolling out, filling, rolling up, slicing,
      > > placing, rising
      > > > and baking. So, I'm either getting up two hours before my
      > camping
      > > partners
      > > > or we're eating two hours after we all get up. Or, I guess I
      > could
      > > get up
      > > > one hour before them and we eat one hour after they all get
      up.
      > > I'm not
      > > > crazy about getting up much earlier. My baby hasn't been
      > sleeping
      > > through
      > > > the night well recently, so sleep is precious! Another option
      > > would be to
      > > > make them the night before, but, then, they're not fresh in the
      > > morning and
      > > > I run the risk of them sweating in the DO, getting soggy. But,
      > are
      > > > 10-hour-old rolls just fine if stored properly (under a
      > towel?)? I
      > > have
      > > > seen that some folks do everything to the last rise the night
      > > before, then
      > > > chill 'em overnight. I will have some limited refrigeration.
      > For
      > > space,
      > > > it'd probably make sense for me to stop before cutting them, so
      > I'd
      > > just
      > > > store the log. What do ya'll do?
      > > >
      > > > Right now, I'm considering using the recipe for "Best Ever
      > Cinnamon
      > > Rolls"
      > > > from _The_Dutch_Oven_Resource_. The picture sure looks yummy.
      > > >
      > > > -kathleen

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic