48926RE: [dutchovencooking] Re: Timing Cinnamon Rolls for Breakfast

  • Wayne Hessel
    Jul 3, 2008
      Here is my recipe and like I said I don’t roll and cut any more I just mix
      in ¾ of the topping put it in a 10 inch oven and cover with the rest of the
      topping.

      Wayne

      Jiffy Cinnamon Rolls

      2 cups All Purpose flour

      2 tbsp. Granulated sugar

      4 tsp. Baking Powder

      1 tsp. Salt

      ¼ cup Cold butter or margarine

      1 cup Cold Milk

      1/3 cup Butter or margarine

      1 cup packed brown sugar

      3 tsp. cinnamon

      1/3 cup Currants or cut up raisins

      In large bowl put flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until
      crumbly. Make a well in center.

      Pour milk in well. Stir to form soft dough adding a bit more milk if
      needed. Turn out on lightly floured surface. Knead 8-10 times. Roll into
      rectangle about 1/3 inch thick and 12 inches long.

      Line bottom of oven with parchment paper; Cream butter, brown sugar and
      cinnamon together well. Drop ¼ cup into Dutch oven and spread around.
      Spread the remaining cinnamon mixture over dough rectangle. Sprinkle
      currants over top. Roll up as for jelly roll. Mark first then cut into 12
      slices. Place cut side down in muffin pan. Bake in 400 deg oven for 20-25
      minutes. Turn out on tray when still warm.

      Makes 12

      Glaze: To ½ cup icing sugar, add enough milk or water to make a thin glaze.
      Drizzle over cinnamon rolls.