48851Re: Timing Cinnamon Rolls for Breakfast

  • k2outside
    Jul 1, 2008
      Now, that's a lovely idea. I'm trying to infect my camping partners
      with castironitis. They even own a combo cooker. If I can show them
      how easily they can make fresh cinnamon rolls in it, it might spark
      the fire! If I made them from scratch, it might seem more unattainable.

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Dean&Ruth Patterson"
      <d.k.patterson@...> wrote:

      > I have used caned cinnamon rolls many times if takes about 40 minutes
      > to bake them 8 rolls in a can 5 cans in a 12 inch and I have not had
      > any left over. I know they are not home made but I did not have to
      > get up 2 hr before everyone else. Try them you mite get lazy like me.
      > Dean
      >

      > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Hotmail K2outside"
      > <k2outside@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'd love to make cinnamon rolls while on an upcoming camping trip.
      > Looking
      > > at the recipes I find, it looks like I'm in for two hours from the
      > time my
      > > feet hit the ground until we're eating hot rolls. That includes
      > mixing,
      > > kneading, rising, rolling out, filling, rolling up, slicing,
      > placing, rising
      > > and baking. So, I'm either getting up two hours before my camping
      > partners
      > > or we're eating two hours after we all get up. Or, I guess I could
      > get up
      > > one hour before them and we eat one hour after they all get up.
      > I'm not
      > > crazy about getting up much earlier. My baby hasn't been sleeping
      > through
      > > the night well recently, so sleep is precious! Another option
      > would be to
      > > make them the night before, but, then, they're not fresh in the
      > morning and
      > > I run the risk of them sweating in the DO, getting soggy. But, are
      > > 10-hour-old rolls just fine if stored properly (under a towel?)? I
      > have
      > > seen that some folks do everything to the last rise the night
      > before, then
      > > chill 'em overnight. I will have some limited refrigeration. For
      > space,
      > > it'd probably make sense for me to stop before cutting them, so I'd
      > just
      > > store the log. What do ya'll do?
      > >
      > > Right now, I'm considering using the recipe for "Best Ever Cinnamon
      > Rolls"
      > > from _The_Dutch_Oven_Resource_. The picture sure looks yummy.
      > >
      > > -kathleen

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic