48831Re: Timing Cinnamon Rolls for Breakfast

  • Dean&Ruth Patterson
    Jul 1 4:44 AM
      I have used caned cinnamon rolls many times if takes about 40 minutes
      to bake them 8 rolls in a can 5 cans in a 12 inch and I have not had
      any left over. I know they are not home made but I did not have to
      get up 2 hr before everyone else. Try them you mite get lazy like me.
      Dean

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Hotmail K2outside"
      <k2outside@...> wrote:

      > I'd love to make cinnamon rolls while on an upcoming camping trip.
      Looking
      > at the recipes I find, it looks like I'm in for two hours from the
      time my
      > feet hit the ground until we're eating hot rolls. That includes
      mixing,
      > kneading, rising, rolling out, filling, rolling up, slicing,
      placing, rising
      > and baking. So, I'm either getting up two hours before my camping
      partners
      > or we're eating two hours after we all get up. Or, I guess I could
      get up
      > one hour before them and we eat one hour after they all get up.
      I'm not
      > crazy about getting up much earlier. My baby hasn't been sleeping
      through
      > the night well recently, so sleep is precious! Another option
      would be to
      > make them the night before, but, then, they're not fresh in the
      morning and
      > I run the risk of them sweating in the DO, getting soggy. But, are
      > 10-hour-old rolls just fine if stored properly (under a towel?)? I
      have
      > seen that some folks do everything to the last rise the night
      before, then
      > chill 'em overnight. I will have some limited refrigeration. For
      space,
      > it'd probably make sense for me to stop before cutting them, so I'd
      just
      > store the log. What do ya'll do?
      >
      > Right now, I'm considering using the recipe for "Best Ever Cinnamon
      Rolls"
      > from _The_Dutch_Oven_Resource_. The picture sure looks yummy.
      >
      > -kathleen

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic