26149Re: Great idea to support our troops

  • Ken
    Jun 2, 2005
      I don't see the problem here. If you want to send some squares do
      so. If not, don't. I think this is a great idea and I commend you
      for your efforts to make our troops feel more comfortable. I am a
      former sailor and I would have been gratefull for a sign of support.
      Thanks to all who offer help from all the soldiers and sailors.

      Ken

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Connie Knie
      <cknie23100@s...> wrote:
      > Hello everyone,
      >
      > Pam and I are part of a group called Operation Comfort. Go check
      out the site if you wish.....
      > www.operationcomfort.com
      >
      > Anyway, one of our projects is Freedom Quilts. These are hand made
      quilts that are made from 6 inch blocks of denim that are signed by
      folks (use 100% cotton denim and sharpies) and we only need 96 to
      make a full quilt.

      > Wouldn't it be cool to have one done by our DO group? Each quilt
      has a block that tells where it came from. These quilts are sent
      overseas to a hospital along with Go Bags......

      > This is a fantastic cause and it is Pam's idea to have you all
      sign squares. Now if you have old jeans lying around you can simply
      cut a 6inch square and then sign it, putting any kind of
      inspirational note or just a thank you or whatever moves you. You
      need to keep your note inside a 5 inch square in the middle as the
      outer one inch is needed plain so they can be sewn together.........

      > If anyone is interested please email me off list and Pam has
      offered to have the squares mailed to her. I can give you her
      address off-line.