26137Re: [DUTCH OVEN COOKING] Re: Great idea to support our troops

  • Pam Greene
    Jun 1, 2005
      Thanks Connie and Ken!

      I'll be glad to sew the quilts together. If every chapter has enough (96) blocks for a whole quilt we'll sew those all together. Email Connie or me off-list and one of us will give you the address to mail them to.

      If you need packages of 6" blocks to sign -- let us know!

      Thanks,
      Pam
      Farmington, MI

      Ken Brown <savage99_250@...> wrote:
      Connie,
      This is a fantastic idea. It would be great if every IDOS and LSDOS
      Chapter could get their members to sign a block each time they have a
      DOG. You could get enough blocks from them to complete a quilt.

      And to answer the unspoken question, no, this group is not becomming
      political. This is not politics. This is a new way to spread the
      word about Dutch Oven cooking. One thing our men and women overseas
      miss is good home cooked meals. If this is successful, some of them
      might take the time to look us up when they do return home.

      Ken

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Connie Knie <cknie23100@s...>
      wrote:
      > Hello everyone,
      >
      > Pam and I are part of a group called Operation Comfort. Go check out
      the site if you wish.....
      > www.operationcomfort.com
      >
      > Anyway, one of our projects is Freedom Quilts. These are hand made
      quilts that are made from 6 inch blocks of denim that are signed by
      folks (use 100% cotton denim and sharpies) and we only need 96 to make
      a full quilt.

      > Wouldn't it be cool to have one done by our DO group? Each quilt has
      a block that tells where it came from. These quilts are sent overseas
      to a hospital along with Go Bags......

      > This is a fantastic cause and it is Pam's idea to have you all sign
      squares. Now if you have old jeans lying around you can simply cut a
      6inch square and then sign it, putting any kind of inspirational note
      or just a thank you or whatever moves you. You need to keep your note
      inside a 5 inch square in the middle as the outer one inch is needed
      plain so they can be sewn together.........

      > If anyone is interested please email me off list and Pam has offered
      to have the squares mailed to her. I can give you her address off-line.

      > connie
      >
      > SUPPORT OUR TROOPS WITH YOUR OLD BLUE JEANS!!

      Then click on "Leave Group".