26133Great idea to support our troops

  • Connie Knie
    Jun 1, 2005
      Hello everyone,

      Pam and I are part of a group called Operation Comfort. Go check out the site if you wish.....
      www.operationcomfort.com

      Anyway, one of our projects is Freedom Quilts. These are hand made quilts that are made from 6 inch blocks of denim that are signed by folks (use 100% cotton denim and sharpies) and we only need 96 to make a full quilt.

      Wouldn't it be cool to have one done by our DO group? Each quilt has a block that tells where it came from. These quilts are sent overseas to a hospital along with Go Bags......

      This is a fantastic cause and it is Pam's idea to have you all sign squares. Now if you have old jeans lying around you can simply cut a 6inch square and then sign it, putting any kind of inspirational note or just a thank you or whatever moves you. You need to keep your note inside a 5 inch square in the middle as the outer one inch is needed plain so they can be sewn together.........

      If anyone is interested please email me off list and Pam has offered to have the squares mailed to her. I can give you her address off-line.

      connie