22859Re: UTR Browning

  • Kristin
    Dec 1, 2004
      Well...maybe I wouldn't complain if I received one as a gift
      (LOL) :-)

      Thanks for your endorsement of the UTR. It is always good to get
      both opinions. I do eat the skin, at least when breast is served,
      but I had no idea that Kitchen Bouquet would brown it so nice. I'll
      have to try that one.

      ~ Kristin
      SLC, UT

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "John Foster"
      <jfoster@d...> wrote:

      > > After reading everyone's replies that used their UTR
      > > this year, I'm
      > > glad I didn't get one.
      > > ~ Kristin
      > I'm glad I got one. I cooked two turkeys this Thanksgiving - one
      in my
      > UTR and one in my 17" MACA. They were both outstanding! And Juicy!
      If
      > you are hung up on brown skin and want one to look like they do on
      TV
      > or in the ads, do what they do -- brush them with Kitchen Bouquet.
      > That's how they make them look so uniformly brown and pretty. Who
      eats
      > the skin anyway?
      > I've had my UTR less than a month and have already cooked two
      turkeys
      > in it and my son borrowed it and cooked a third one in it at his
      > workplace, so it has been off to a good start. I LOVE it! I am
      > thinking about doing turkey at scout camp this summer and turkey
      > enchiladas with the left overs. I use cream of chicken soup,
      diluted
      > with 1/2 can of milk and a small can of diced green chilis as the
      > sauce, corn tortillas, turkey, and cheese. This year I took a
      shortcut
      > and instead of rolling the enchiladas I just layered it
      > "lasagna-style" and you know what, it tastes exactly the same and
      is
      > 10 times faster and I think would be a good Dutch oven recipe.
      > John Foster
      > Duchesne, Utah
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic