Volvo G88

  • Bren
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2003
      Does anyone have any info, and/or pics of the G88? If so, I'd really
      appreciate them. Especially the rear cab mount.

      Thanks
      Bren
    • adevries001
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2003
        Bren, I have an original Volvo drawing of the G88. It's A3 size but I
        can scan it in two A4 size drawings. I will send you the scans. If I
        have any other info I will send you that to.

        I really think the rear cabmount of the G88 is the same as the F88.
        The only difference is the placement of the front axle.

        André
      • arjan_ouwendijk
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2003
          André,

          If you still have the originals I can put them with the kit that's
          going Bren's way...it saves you the shipping.
          Contact me offline.

          Arjan

          --- In dutchmodeltruckclub@yahoogroups.com, adevries001
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Bren, I have an original Volvo drawing of the G88. It's A3 size but
          > can scan it in two A4 size drawings. I will send you the scans. If
          > have any other info I will send you that to.
          >
          > I really think the rear cabmount of the G88 is the same as the F88.
          > The only difference is the placement of the front axle.
          >
          > André
        • B H
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2003
            That would be wonderful thanks Andre - part of the reason why I wanted the rear cabmount area is
            because I want to see if I can use the one that comes with the Italeri Volvo kit.

            Bren

            --- adevries001 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
            > Bren, I have an original Volvo drawing of the G88. It's A3 size but I
            > can scan it in two A4 size drawings. I will send you the scans. If I
            > have any other info I will send you that to.
            >
            > I really think the rear cabmount of the G88 is the same as the F88.
            > The only difference is the placement of the front axle.
            >
            > Andr�

          • Bren
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 2, 2003
              I have another few questions regarding the Volvo F and G88.

              Are these mechanically the same vehicles with only the front axle
              different?

              What is the wheelbase of the G88? The F88 is 3.2 m.

              It appears to me that the engines are not turbo-charged - is that
              correct? If so, how would I feed the air flow on the Italeri F12
              engine if I leave the turbo off?

              Thanks
              Bren
            • arjan_ouwendijk
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 2, 2003
                Bren,

                The only answer I can give is the wheelbase one.
                The forward axle has been moved 30cm forward so the wheelbase would
                be 3.5m.
                This info and all other dimensions are in the drawings André
                mentioned....hang on :o)

                Arjan

                --- In dutchmodeltruckclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bren" <breninasia@y...>
                wrote:
                > I have another few questions regarding the Volvo F and G88.
                >
                > Are these mechanically the same vehicles with only the front axle
                > different?
                >
                > What is the wheelbase of the G88? The F88 is 3.2 m.
                >
                > It appears to me that the engines are not turbo-charged - is that
                > correct? If so, how would I feed the air flow on the Italeri F12
                > engine if I leave the turbo off?
                >
                > Thanks
                > Bren
              • adevries001
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 2, 2003
                  The rear cabmount of the F12 will probably be different. The engine
                  used in the F88 can be the TD100 or TD120 engine. And can be with or
                  without turbo. I have some pictures of these engines. If I get home
                  soon enough I will post the info I have in the Files section.

                  André