Re: [Dutch Modeltruck Club] magnum

  • borut
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hi
      Well,inner mudguards are very easy to do it,I was expecting much harder work with them.
      Italeri airbags are way to thin(about 4 mm) compare to original,so I decide to make correct ones.
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2005
        Please keep us informed what else needs to be changed to get a
        correct Magnum. Still have one on my "to do" list.

        André

        --- In dutchmodeltruckclub@yahoogroups.com, "borut"
        <borutpiculin@s...> wrote:

        > Hi
        > Well,inner mudguards are very easy to do it,I was expecting much
        harder work with them.
        > Italeri airbags are way to thin(about 4 mm) compare to original,so
        I decide to make correct ones.

      • borut
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2005
           no problem,but for now this will be for first series magnum and for 4x2 tractor.Till now:
          -rear end sits to low
          -fifth whell is too high if you build standard  tractor for italeri/revell new trailers
          -rear suspension airbags are too small
          -i'm not sure for rear brakes,if the first series have disks or drums,if they are disks,then you should modified
          -missing airbags on rear cab support
          -missing front inner mudguards
          -missing hub cover on front wheels,black part with renault logo,if you build without,you need to detail front hub
          -hubs on rear wheels are not correct,but they are similar enough
          -cab sit too high on rear part,i need to shorten air intake manifold
          -missing armrests on right side
          -steeringwheel is to big
          -dashboard-the main part is on wrong angle and wrong level
          -i'm not sure for right mirror,i think that they are correct only for first production year,after they relocated wide angle miror on top
          -they are also some mistakes regarding measurements like how large is chassis and front mask,but this is too complicated to repair and also you can't see easily this mistakes
          -if you build drawbar,then you need to cut rear cab wings and relocate air intake under front right part of bumper and cut grille into right angle of mudguard.

          well.this is for now,i will be put something new when i will discover some new error

          <borutpiculin@s...> wrote:

          > Hi
          > Well,inner mudguards are very easy to do it,I was expecting much
          harder work with them.
          > Italeri airbags are way to thin(about 4 mm) compare to original,so
          I decide to make correct ones.

          http://www.eset.com

          http://www.eset.com
        • Hector
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 10, 2006
            Cool ride! What is that vent on the right front corner by the headlights? Is that the air intake?