My Latest

  • André de Vries
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 3 2:21 PM
      Last two weeks I have been rather lucky with finding some hard to find kits
      for very reasonable prices. The old F12 Globetrotter was even still factory
      seald. Needless to say it isn't any more. And yes I do build cars aswell.
      Racing cars and Porsches that is. Just love the old Group C Le Mans cars.
      And these Tamiya kits are real gems. Next weekend, 11th and 12th of june,
      the 73rd 24 hour of Le Mans race will take place. Eurosport will be covering
      it again and I will in front of the tv that whole weekend. Better stack up
      on patato chips too.

      André
    • celica3sgelc
      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 3 2:36 PM
        Wow some nice finds! I wish we had Le Mans coverage here. I used to
        build those as well but just concentrating on trucks now although I
        have some of those cars in 1/18 diecast.

        Hector

        --- In dutchmodeltruckclub@yahoogroups.com, André de Vries
        <_c5706460@w...> wrote:
        > Last two weeks I have been rather lucky with finding some hard to
        find kits
        > for very reasonable prices. The old F12 Globetrotter was even
        still factory
        > seald. Needless to say it isn't any more. And yes I do build cars
        aswell.
        > Racing cars and Porsches that is. Just love the old Group C Le
        Mans cars.
        > And these Tamiya kits are real gems. Next weekend, 11th and 12th
        of june,
        > the 73rd 24 hour of Le Mans race will take place. Eurosport will
        be covering
        > it again and I will in front of the tv that whole weekend. Better
        stack up
        > on patato chips too.
        >
        > André
      • André de Vries
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 7, 2008

          Hi all, I show you my latest model. It’s a 1:32 Esci snap model but not to be compared with your average snap together model. These are very nicely detailed and the end result doesn’t show its snap origin at all. A full report will be in TMW soon.

          http://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/our_own_models_and/andr/finished_models/my_favorit_models/volvo-f1220-with-20/

          André

        • nedlloyd@seznam.cz
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 7, 2008
            Its a very nice model, André!

            I have never seen this kit.

            Jan

            > Od: André de Vries <adv-online@...>
            > Předmět: [Dutch Modeltruck Club] My Latest
            > Datum: 07.12.2008 15:35:43
            > Hi all, I show you my latest model. It’s a 1:32 Esci snap model but not to
            > be compared with your average snap together model. These are very nicely
            > detailed and the end result doesn’t show its snap origin at all. A full
            > report will be in TMW soon.
            >

            > http://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/our_own_models_and/andr/finishe
            > d_models/my_favorit_models/volvo-f1220-with-20/
            >

            > André

          • André de Vries
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 7, 2008
              Thanks, they are rare and I do not know why. Must be the scale, or the snap
              origin. But they are very nice kits and I do believe this Volvo kit was
              produced before the Italeri 1:24 kit. You do see a lot of similarities. It
              might well be that the Italeri kit was based on this Esci model. And
              ofcourse the 20ft trailer is how Italeri should have done it.

              André

              > Hi all, I show you my latest model. It's a 1:32 Esci snap model but not to
              > be compared with your average snap together model. These are very nicely
              > detailed and the end result doesn't show its snap origin at all. A full
              > report will be in TMW soon.

              http://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/our_own_models_and/andr/finishe
              > d_models/my_favorit_models/volvo-f1220-with-20/
              >

              > André

              16:55
            • nedlloyd@seznam.cz
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 7, 2008
                Its a pitty I could not get one for me here. It would be a nice change :)

                Jan

                > Od: André de Vries <adv-online@...>
                > Předmět: RE: [Dutch Modeltruck Club] My Latest
                > Datum: 07.12.2008 15:44:20
                > Thanks, they are rare and I do not know why. Must be the scale, or the snap
                > origin. But they are very nice kits and I do believe this Volvo kit was
                > produced before the Italeri 1:24 kit. You do see a lot of similarities. It
                > might well be that the Italeri kit was based on this Esci model. And
                > ofcourse the 20ft trailer is how Italeri should have done it.
                >
                > André

              • André de Vries
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 7, 2008
                  Having build this one, I want more myself but they are not sold on the
                  internet. The only one I found was a badly build buildup on Ebay. I have
                  several trailers (container and Log) but this Volvo is the only tractor I
                  have. Here you can see all the different models:
                  http://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/catalog_scans-1/esci/esci_1980s
                  /

                  André

                  Its a pitty I could not get one for me here. It would be a nice change :)

                  Jan

                  > Od: André de Vries <adv-online@...>
                  > Předmět: RE: [Dutch Modeltruck Club] My Latest
                  > Datum: 07.12.2008 15:44:20
                  > Thanks, they are rare and I do not know why. Must be the scale, or the
                  snap
                  > origin. But they are very nice kits and I do believe this Volvo kit was
                  > produced before the Italeri 1:24 kit. You do see a lot of similarities. It
                  > might well be that the Italeri kit was based on this Esci model. And
                  > ofcourse the 20ft trailer is how Italeri should have done it.
                  >
                  > André

                  16:55
                • nedlloyd@seznam.cz
                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 7, 2008
                    Well, I think I will spend some nice tim with small trucks in 1/35. Tamiya introduced nice Opel Blitz and Trumpeter is about to release an american M1078 which has MAN F2000/Steyr cab.

                    Jan

                    > Od: André de Vries <adv-online@...>
                    > Předmět: RE: [Dutch Modeltruck Club] My Latest
                    > Datum: 07.12.2008 15:54:11
                    > Having build this one, I want more myself but they are not sold on the
                    > internet. The only one I found was a badly build buildup on Ebay. I have
                    > several trailers (container and Log) but this Volvo is the only tractor I
                    > have. Here you can see all the different models:
                    > http://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/catalog_scans-1/esci/esci_1980s
                    > /
                    >
                    > André

                  • André de Vries
                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 7, 2008
                      1/35, well if it weren't military models I would try that aswell. Not that I
                      have anything against the military, I rather build commercial trucks.

                      Well, I think I will spend some nice tim with small trucks in 1/35. Tamiya
                      introduced nice Opel Blitz and Trumpeter is about to release an american
                      M1078 which has MAN F2000/Steyr cab.

                      Jan

                      > Od: André de Vries <adv-online@...>
                      > Předmět: RE: [Dutch Modeltruck Club] My Latest
                      > Datum: 07.12.2008 15:54:11
                      > Having build this one, I want more myself but they are not sold on the
                      > internet. The only one I found was a badly build buildup on Ebay. I have
                      > several trailers (container and Log) but this Volvo is the only tractor I
                      > have. Here you can see all the different models:

                      http://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/catalog_scans-1/esci/esci_1980s
                      > /
                      >
                      > André

                      6-12-2008
                      > > 16:55

                      > 16:55

                      16:55
                    • Jonas A
                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 7, 2008
                        M1078

                        Then it is an MAN LE series:
                        2008/12/7 André de Vries <adv-online@...>
                        1/35, well if it weren't military models I would try that aswell. Not that I
                        have anything against the military, I rather build commercial trucks.

                        Well, I think I will spend some nice tim with small trucks in 1/35. Tamiya
                        introduced nice Opel Blitz and Trumpeter is about to release an american
                        M1078 which has MAN F2000/Steyr cab.

                        Jan

                        > Od: André de Vries <adv-online@...>
                        > Předmět: RE: [Dutch Modeltruck Club] My Latest
                        > Datum: 07.12.2008 15:54:11
                        > Having build this one, I want more myself but they are not sold on the
                        > internet. The only one I found was a badly build buildup on Ebay. I have
                        > several trailers (container and Log) but this Volvo is the only tractor I
                        > have. Here you can see all the different models:

                        http://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/catalog_scans-1/esci/esci_1980s
                        > /
                        >
                        > André

                        6-12-2008
                        > > 16:55

                        > 16:55

                        16:55

                        <*> Your email settings:
                           Individual Email | Traditional

                        <*> To change settings online go to:
                           (Yahoo! ID required)

                        <*> To change settings via email:
                           mailto:dutchmodeltruckclub-digest@yahoogroups.com
                           mailto:dutchmodeltruckclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      • nedlloyd@seznam.cz
                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 7, 2008
                          Of course. L2000 not F series. My mistake.

                          > Od: Jonas A <jonasa4@...>
                          > Předmět: Re: [Dutch Modeltruck Club] My Latest
                          > Datum: 07.12.2008 16:09:07
                          > M1078
                          >
                          > If you mean this truck:
                          > http://www.primeportal.net/images/M1078thumbs/M1078A1s.jpg
                          >
                          > Then it is an MAN LE series:
                          > http://www.lkw-infos.eu/images/lkw-hst/man/le/MAN-LE-15280-weiss-Werblow-311005-02.jpg
                          > 2008/12/7 André de Vries <adv-online@...>
                          >
                          > > 1/35, well if it weren't military models I would try that aswell. Not that
                          > > have anything against the military, I rather build commercial trucks.

                        • André de Vries
                          Message 12 of 22 , Dec 7, 2008
                            The cab would be interesting but not in 1:35 scale.

                            André

                            Of course. L2000 not F series. My mistake.

                            > Od: Jonas A <jonasa4@...>
                            > Předmět: Re: [Dutch Modeltruck Club] My Latest
                            > Datum: 07.12.2008 16:09:07
                            > M1078
                            >
                            > If you mean this truck:
                            > http://www.primeportal.net/images/M1078thumbs/M1078A1s.jpg
                            >
                            > Then it is an MAN LE series:

                            http://www.lkw-infos.eu/images/lkw-hst/man/le/MAN-LE-15280-weiss-Werblow-311
                            005-02.jpg
                            > 2008/12/7 André de Vries <adv-online@...>
                            >
                            > > 1/35, well if it weren't military models I would try that aswell. Not
                            that
                            > > have anything against the military, I rather build commercial trucks.

                            6-12-2008
                            > > 16:55

                            16:55
                          • nedlloyd@seznam.cz
                            Message 13 of 22 , Dec 7, 2008
                              I know what you mean. I'd like to build it as a military trucks as its something different comparing to usual 1/24 truck. Its a military vehicle but still a truck. Changing topics became really a big support for my hobby this year. From old daycab Scania to shiny new 105XF back to Aussie Magnum and now to 70s 359 Peterbilt. It never became boring for me...o)

                              Jan

                              > Od: André de Vries <adv-online@...>
                              > Předmět: RE: [Dutch Modeltruck Club] My Latest
                              > Datum: 07.12.2008 16:13:41
                              > The cab would be interesting but not in 1:35 scale.
                              >
                              > André

                            • André de Vries
                              Message 14 of 22 , Dec 7, 2008
                                That's the beauty of truck modeling, anything goes. Even if you think you
                                have build something totally made up, somewhere it will drive for real.

                                André

                                I know what you mean. I'd like to build it as a military trucks as its
                                something different comparing to usual 1/24 truck. Its a military vehicle
                                but still a truck. Changing topics became really a big support for my hobby
                                this year. From old daycab Scania to shiny new 105XF back to Aussie Magnum
                                and now to 70s 359 Peterbilt. It never became boring for me...o)

                                Jan

                                > Od: André de Vries <adv-online@...>
                                > Předmět: RE: [Dutch Modeltruck Club] My Latest
                                > Datum: 07.12.2008 16:13:41
                                > The cab would be interesting but not in 1:35 scale.
                                >
                                > André

                                16:55
                              • nedlloyd@seznam.cz
                                Message 15 of 22 , Dec 7, 2008
                                  Yes, right that!!

                                  I wish will be brave enough to build something without spending time browsing brochures, datasheets and secondhans truck dealer sites. Something that will come just from my mind, ideas and opinions no matter on whether I do have blueprints of such chassis or not...

                                  Jan

                                  > Od: André de Vries <adv-online@...>
                                  > Předmět: RE: [Dutch Modeltruck Club] My Latest
                                  > Datum: 07.12.2008 16:25:28
                                  > That's the beauty of truck modeling, anything goes. Even if you think you
                                  > have build something totally made up, somewhere it will drive for real.
                                  >
                                  > André

                                • mopar_beppe
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Dec 7, 2008
                                    great model indeed, it looks very good: I have seen it in the very far
                                    past, as esci is out of business since a long time, but only in boxes,
                                    I never seen one built before.

                                    Beppe

                                    <adv-online@...> wrote:

                                    > Hi all, I show you my latest model. It's a 1:32 Esci snap model but
                                    not to
                                    > be compared with your average snap together model. These are very nicely
                                    > detailed and the end result doesn't show its snap origin at all. A full
                                    > report will be in TMW soon.

                                    http://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/our_own_models_and/andr/finishe
                                    > d_models/my_favorit_models/volvo-f1220-with-20/
                                    >

                                    > André

                                  • C. Mitchell
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Dec 7, 2008
                                      Nice kits and great build.

                                      Charles Mitchell

                                      <adv-online@ ...> wrote:

                                      > Hi all, I show you my latest model. It's a 1:32 Esci snap model but
                                      not to
                                      > be compared with your average snap together model. These are very nicely
                                      > detailed and the end result doesn't show its snap origin at all. A full
                                      > report will be in TMW soon.

                                      http://public. fotki.com/ modeltrucks25ths cale/our_ own_models_ and/andr/ finishe
                                      > d_models/my_ favorit_models/ volvo-f1220- with-20/
                                      >

                                      > André

                                    • sean huber
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Dec 7, 2008
                                        Yeah, no kidding. Around 1990 or so I drew what I thought would be the most aerodynamic truck possible and yet still practical. The Kenworth T2000 isn't too far from what I drew.
                                        Sean

                                        --- On Sun, 12/7/08, André de Vries <adv-online@...> wrote:

                                        > That's the beauty of truck modeling, anything goes. Even
                                        > if you think you
                                        > have build something totally made up, somewhere it will
                                        > drive for real.
                                        >
                                        > André
                                      • Tim Ahlborn
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Dec 7, 2008
                                          Andre'
                                          The Volvo doesn't look like a snap together at all.  Nicely done.

                                          Tim

                                          Red Oval obsessed for over 35 years!
                                          www.timstrucks.com

                                          Hi all, I show you my latest model. It’s a 1:32 Esci snap model but not to be compared with your average snap together model. These are very nicely detailed and the end result doesn’t show its snap origin at all. A full report will be in TMW soon.

                                          http://public. fotki.com/ modeltrucks25ths cale/our_ own_models_ and/andr/ finished_ models/my_ favorit_models/ volvo-f1220- with-20/

                                          André

                                        • Danny and Belinda
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Dec 8, 2008

                                            Nice work ther andre,I agree I have a few of these little fellas and countless trailers and they are surprisingly well detailed little kits,

                                            Cheers danny

                                            Message 21 of 22 , Dec 8, 2008

                                              Are you telling me that you have found a couple of these kits “down under” !!  It is impossible to find more over here. But I keep searching J

                                              André

                                              Nice work ther andre,I agree I have a few of these little fellas and countless trailers and they are surprisingly well detailed little kits,

                                              Cheers danny

                                              Hi all, I show you my latest model. It’s a 1:32 Esci snap model but not to be compared with your average snap together model. These are very nicely detailed and the end result doesn’t show its snap origin at all. A full report will be in TMW soon.

                                              http://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/our_own_models_and/andr/finished_models/my_favorit_models/volvo-f1220-with-20/

                                              André

                                            • Geert Diet
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Dec 16, 2008
                                                Hi André,

                                                looks like quite a nice snap kit indeed.

                                                Regards,

                                                Geert