Re: [Dutch Modeltruck Club] New Scania presented

  • Jan (Ned) Rosecky
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 1, 2004
      Damn,

      this is an impressive baby! I like it! Especially the new high roof
      sleeper cab! Great job from those guys from Sweden!

      I hope the new t-cab will be as good looking as the R-series is!

      Definitely want to be the first one to write an article about it for
      the Trucker!

      Thanks, Karsten!!!

      Jan
    • André de Vries
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 1, 2004
        There is something else wrong with the picture. Or with the truck to be precise. They forgot the letters V,O,L,V,O.

        André
        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 1, 2004

          Ohhh no no no…… That is actually the best part of the picture: No Volvo. ;o)

          Karsten

          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 1, 2004

            You’re welcome Jan!

            And I sure like the new “middle roof” to! I’ve already been wondering how to make the model of it, but there’s already way to many planned projects to build, so it won’t be before… 2045 I think. Though there’s not that big difference in the outer design it

            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 2, 2004
              Well, I think we can expect something similar like the new FH from
              Italeri, but...for sure...in the case of an R-series. The engines are
              almost the same as the Euro3 ones, however the chassis parts should
              be a bit different. According to what Scania says, the 65% of the R-
              series is build up from the 4-series parts. I think, Italeri will
              release the kit in the next few years. With the Topline and CR19N
              cab, for sure. I don't think they will made some extra moulds for the
              CR19H cab (that I really like!)

              My chief editor told me he was already to Sweden and drove all the
              new models. I hope I will get to the wheel as well...
              (maybe..sometimes...)

              Jan

              --- In dutchmodeltruckclub@yahoogroups.com, "Karsten" <forum@m...>
              wrote:
              > You're welcome Jan!
              >

              > And I sure like the new "middle roof" to! I've already been
              wondering
              > how to make the model of it, but there's already way to many planned
              > projects to build, so it won't be before. 2045 I think. Though
              there's
              > not that big difference in the outer design it

              subject=Unsubscr
              > ibe>

              of
            • Erazem
              Message 6 of 24 , Apr 2, 2004
                Ow yeah! I like it alot! I've allways been a SCANIA fan and i really
                like what they did with this new series. Acoording to my friend who
                is a seller at Slovenian Scania dealer the new truck is something
                that will make his job a bit easyer ;) He was recently in Sweden at
                new series presentation and his first comment was "The king is
                definetely back!" :)
                Ow by the way Jan, if you don't mind me asking what magazine are you
                working for? :o
                I used to write articles for one of the slovenian transport magazines
                but the editor was kinda forgetting about me when it came to paying
                so we don't work together anymore :(

                erazem :)

                --- In dutchmodel1truckclub@yahoogroups.com, "Jan (Ned) Rosecky"
                <nedlloyd@s...> wrote:
                > Well, I think we can expect something similar like the new FH from
                > Italeri, but...for sure...in the case of an R-series. The engines
                are
                > almost the same as the Euro3 ones, however the chassis parts should
                > be a bit different. According to what Scania says, the 65% of the R-
                > series is build up from the 4-series parts. I think, Italeri will
                > release the kit in the next few years. With the Topline and CR19N
                > cab, for sure. I don't think they will made some extra moulds for
                the
                > CR19H cab (that I really like!)
                >
                > My chief editor told me he was already to Sweden and drove all the
                > new models. I hope I will get to the wheel as well...
                > (maybe..sometimes...)
                >
                > Jan
                >
                > --- In dutchmodeltruckclub@yahoogroups.com, "Karsten" <forum@m...>
                > wrote:
                > > You're welcome Jan!
                > >

                > > And I sure like the new "middle roof" to! I've already been
                > wondering
                > > how to make the model of it, but there's already way to many
                planned
                > > projects to build, so it won't be before. 2045 I think. Though
                > there's
                > > not that big difference in the outer design it

                Terms
                > of
                > > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Service.
              • Jan (Ned) Rosecky
                Message 7 of 24 , Apr 3, 2004
                  Hi Erazem,

                  for sure I can tell you...I am working for the CZ-SK version of the
                  Trucker magazine. I started with truck modelling but getting more and
                  more closer to the real trucks. I have really nice relationship with
                  the chief editor of the magazine. He even offered me taking part in
                  one of the truck testing he is preparing (offered me driving!) but do
                  not have any closer info yet so we will see what will come out of
                  that. I have never had any problems with money. Let's say...it's
                  quite nice way how to get money for the truck modelling...even I will
                  spend most of the money on my real truck this year.

                  Cheers
                  Jan
                • Erazem
                  Message 8 of 24 , Apr 3, 2004
                    Jo Jan!

                    That is really groovie mate, i mean you being part of the Trucker
                    magazine. I myself am a subscriber to original german version of the
                    magazine for 10 years i think allready. It's a good way to keep up a
                    bit with what's going on in world of trucks. I saw once there is
                    Polish version of Trucker magazine but i guess they went further,
                    that is great man. :) And i also deeply respect that you are makin
                    your money with doing what you enjoy like modelling and writting
                    about trucks. Is that because you are still a student or is that
                    allready your career because if it is i'd really like to know more
                    about it. I am having trouble with getting a nice job here in my
                    country i did finish faculty and got my diploma and dipl.ing. in
                    front of my name but all i could find for a job was dispo in
                    transport company and that job today belive sucks sky high, ask
                    anybody most people doing that are trying to get out of it. I tryed
                    it 3 times allready and also with my luck i bumped into the
                    worse "ich chef, du nix" cases... Well anyway right now i am into
                    thinking how to cash in my modeling knowledge, any ideas??? :p

                    erazem :)

                    --- In dutchmodeltruckclub@yahoogroups.com, "Jan (Ned) Rosecky"