Re: [Dutch Modeltruck Club] Volvo FH push axle & airride conversion

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
      Well today might be your lucky day. How many photos of the new FH do you want, what angles etc etc etc, I drive an FH12 Globetrotter XL 420 6x2 push axle for a living Bren. Let me know what you need pics of and it shall be done as soon as possible for you ....... Photo of mine is on my website under the "Work" link  hope this might help, Mark
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 2, 2003
        Hello there, Yes mine does run on air suspension. The Mid lift axle ( yes , push axle ) is none steering. Although it was Igor who was after the photos, the offer is open really to anyone that might be making a 6x2 FH with a push axle. So let me know  , Igor , Bren , Whoever...........  Mark
        Thanks for the offer Mark - although I'm not the one looking - that's Igor. Does yours run on air? I'm thinking of building up my new Volvo as another 6x2 - but with a steered axle ahead of the drive axle (is that a pusher? I can never tell which is which) and a tractor to tug an, as yet undecided, trailer.

        Bren

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 3, 2003
          Hello again Igor, If you check out my website under the work pages you'll see the truck I drive, the photo's should be no problem at all Igor. I will try to take them on Monday morning . The only ones that may prove a little hard to get are the inner chassis ones as its not often I drop my trailer off.What I will do is use someone elses truck if I someone else in our yard has dropped there trailer off. We have about 16 of the new FH12 's like mine in our depot and some with the new I shift gearbox in our other depot.
            As for what you owe me for these photo??? Nothing,,,,,, If we cannot help each other then it is a sad world. Maybe one day I will want some info on a truck or model and you may be able to help me. So ........... some help or info at a later date will do fine.
              I'll mail you as soon as I have the pics you require Igor,  My web address is at the bottom of this mail,
                                 All the best for now, Regards Mark

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 1, 2004

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 3, 2004
              Well Bren, it depends which Volvo site do you mean. I tried the imagebank (the biggest Volvo picture site), but there's nothing on 6x2. Most of the depicted trucks are either 4x2 or spring leaf 6x4 - there's no single photo of push axled 6x2!

              Igor

              There are piles of 6x2 Volvo's on the Volvo site - all the ones I used when I built my HA conversion were from there - although they might be a slightly different version and layout. Which kits are you looking for pics of? I'm in SA at the moment, but I know there's a new Italeri Volvo waiting for me in Taipei when I get back.

              Bren
            • Igor @ TMK

                Well today might be your lucky day. How many photos of the new FH do you want, what angles etc etc etc, I drive an FH12 Globetrotter XL 420 6x2 push axle for a living Bren. Let me know what you need pics of and it shall be done as soon as possible for you ....... Photo of mine is on my website under the "Work" link  hope this might help, Mark
              • Brendan Hale
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 4, 2004
                  Igor, I used the Volvo.com site and went to the imagebank for the (new) FH - and there were loads of 6x2 pics there that I used - I think they have a special imagebank for the new model at the moment - I'm on the plane at the moment, so I will look it up when I'm back in Taipei and have Internet access.

                  Bren