F89

  • nedlloyd@seznam.cz
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2012

      Hello,

      As I have posted some information on this topic recently, I think it would be fair to post more  and let you know about the progress which will be the last one before the next summer I suppose.

      I have spent the whole week working on this truck together with the guy who was working on it during the last few months. Our task was to assemble as much components as possible and prepare the truck for its way home to my garage.

      The most important thing to do was to complete and run the engine. We made that and also installed it into the chassis, fitted the gearbox and cab as well. The chassis itself is almost ready, needs some parts to be added but it is a clean work mostly. The engine runs good, needs just the cooling circuit to be assembled which is not easy because the cab needs a lot of work and the radiator is fitted to it's front part.

      We used and old F12 6x4 heavy hub reduction tipper for the transport. Now it is all stored in my garage and waiting for the future. I have to sit down for a while and make some plans how to complete it. I do not have much time and the original deal was that the truck will be finished by my mechanic (and he was paid for that). He ran out of money however as the project was much more time consuming than he expected and there is no chance that he will finish it. This task is waiting for me. I think it is all possible but will need a lot of time and some changes in my priorities for the next few years.

      Yes, I live my dream but this one turned into a nightmare when receiving the truck unassembled. I am lucky to have another F89 being restored some 70 Km from my place, I have some brochures and spare parts catalogue at my friend's office so there is something I can base my work on. Furthermore I am still in touch with the mechanic who can at least help me with the assembly as a friend on the phone...

      Well, that's what our dreams are about - they do not come easily. We have to fight hard to make them come true.

      Regards

      Jan

    • Lev Pozdnyakovsky
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2012
        HI Jan,

        Never a car (or a truck) project fits into initial budget. There are always unexpected issues and expenses. Just keep on.
        Also, you can do a dry fit of all the parts and systems during the winter period, since it looks like the cab need paint. Well, that's how I would do it, because I don't like both unpainted surfaces (or with old paint) nor I like when wiring and rubbers are covered in paint.

        Lev