Volvo CH230

  • André de Vries
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 3, 2011

      I’m researching my new Jabbeke project, and no need for secrecy, so does any of you have a Volvo CH230 brochure you could scan for me? Preferably the one with the single headlights below the cab, a bit like the F12.

      http://i22.servimg.com/u/f22/15/92/76/47/15-04-27.jpg

    • nedlloyd@seznam.cz
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 2011
        Damn interesting truck! Unfortunately, I don't have a single photo on this truck.

        Fingers crossed

        Jan

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 3, 2011
          Well pictures enough on Google but not any of the chassis and the interior.

          Thanks anyway, André.

          Damn interesting truck! Unfortunately, I don't have a single photo on this
          truck.

          Fingers crossed

          Jan

          > Od: André de Vries <adv-online@...>
          > Předmět: [Dutch Modeltruck Club] Volvo CH230
          > Datum: 03.11.2011 20:18:33
          > I'm researching my new Jabbeke project, and no need for secrecy, so does
          any
          > of you have a Volvo CH230 brochure you could scan for me? Preferably the
          one
          > with the single headlights below the cab, a bit like the F12.
          >

          > http://i22.servimg.com/u/f22/15/92/76/47/15-04-27.jpg

          -----
          Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
          Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
          Versie: 10.0.1411 / Virusdatabase: 2092/3992 - datum van uitgifte: 11/02/11
        • André de Vries
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 3, 2011

            By the way, there were two versions, the early one with the headlights below the grille as mentioned before, and the second version with the headlights next to the grille. See the pictures below. I want to build the early version and have already started on altering the Italeri Firetruck cab, of this also pictures below.

            André.

            v938.jpg

            2748524890_small_1.jpg

            SAM_2884.JPG

            SAM_2886.JPG

            Damn interesting truck! Unfortunately, I don't have a single photo on this truck.

            Fingers crossed

            Jan

            > Od: André de Vries <adv-online@...>

            > Předmět: [Dutch Modeltruck Club] Volvo CH230

            > Datum: 03.11.2011 20:18:33

            > I’m researching my new Jabbeke project, and no need for secrecy, so does any

            > of you have a Volvo CH230 brochure you could scan for me? Preferably the one

            > with the single headlights below the cab, a bit like the F12.

            > http://i22.servimg.com/u/f22/15/92/76/47/15-04-27.jpg

            <*> Your email settings:

                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:

                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:

                dutchmodeltruckclub-digest@yahoogroups.com

                dutchmodeltruckclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            -----

            Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.

            Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com

            Versie: 10.0.1411 / Virusdatabase: 2092/3992 - datum van uitgifte: 11/02/11

          • Lev Pozdnyakovsky
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 3, 2011
              Andre,

              I don't think the chassis should be different to the F7 of that time - the CH was based on that model. Or were that later models only?
              As for interior - my guess would be a standard F7 interior. You have the brochures, which are very helpful, by the way :)
              I think I have some B&W copies of some F7 brochures - let me know if you think those can help. Interior only, I think.

              Lev

              target="_blank">http://i22.servimg.com/u/f22/15/92/76/47/15-04-27.jpg

              -----

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 3, 2011
              Small correction: 1st series of CH230 had F88 cab.
              And from what I saw, all CH230 trucks after that had a sleeper cab.

              Lev

              Message 7 of 9 , Nov 3, 2011

                Indeed the interior will most like be the same as the  F7, so not much problem there, I have enough F7 brochures. But I’m not so sure about the chassis. I kind of think it is a F12 chassis as the ch230 also has a F12 engine. But it might also be just the F12 engine in a F7 chassis. Well, doing research is also one of the fun parts of this hobby, so I’ll keep searching.

                And yes, you are right about the F88 CH230 being the first. There was also a narrower N Series for the Swiss market.

                Volvo N12 logger with crane 2.jpg

                André

                Message 8 of 9 , Nov 3, 2011

                  You are correct: F12 chassis, F12 engine and F7 cab. That was the recipe.
                  And funny I forgot about N-series, as I have exactly the same photo!

                  target="_blank" href="mailto:adv-online@...">adv-online@...>
                  > Předmět: [Dutch Modeltruck Club] Volvo CH230
                  > Datum: 03.11.2011 20:18:33
                  > I'm researching my new Jabbeke project, and no need for secrecy, so does
                  any
                  > of you have a Volvo CH230 brochure you could scan for me? Preferably the
                  one
                  > with the single headlights below the cab, a bit like the F12.
                  >

                  > http://i22.servimg.com/u/f22/15/92/76/47/15-04-27.jpg

                  -----
                  Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
                  Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
                  Versie: 10.0.1411 / Virusdatabase: 2092/3992 - datum van uitgifte: 11/02/11

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                      dutchmodeltruckclub-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      dutchmodeltruckclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
                  Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
                  Versie: 10.0.1411 / Virusdatabase: 2092/3992 - datum van uitgifte: 11/02/11

                • Andre de Vries
                  Message 9 of 9 , Nov 4, 2011
                    I have some more Swiss N series photo's, will upload them when I'm home.

                    André

                    ________________________________

                    PM
                    > Subject: RE: [Dutch Modeltruck Club] Volvo CH230
                    >
                    > Well pictures enough on Google but not any
                    of the
                    >chassis and the interior.
                    >
                    > Thanks anyway, André.

                    interesting truck! Unfortunately, I don't have a
                    >single photo on this
                    > truck.
                    >
                    >Fingers
                    crossed

                    > Jan

                    Vries
                    >> Předmět: [Dutch Modeltruck Club] Volvo CH230
                    >> Datum: 03.11.2011
                    20:18:33
                    >> I'm researching my new Jabbeke project, and no
                    need for
                    >>secrecy, so does
                    > any
                    >> of you have a Volvo CH230 brochure you could scan for
                    >>me? Preferably the
                    > one
                    >> with the single headlights below the cab, a bit like the
                    >>F12.
                    >>

                    >> http://i22.servimg.com/u/f22/15/92/76/47/15-04-27.jpg

                    > -----
                    > Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.

                    Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
                    > Versie: 10.0.1411 / Virusdatabase: 2092/3992 - datum van
                    >uitgifte:
                    11/02/11

                    > Yahoo! Groups
                    Links