SV: [Dutch Modeltruck Club] Old Iveco wrecker in Norway?? [1 Attachment]

  • Knut Steinar Sand
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 1 12:58 PM

      I can confirm (as an Norweigan) that Iveco/ Fiat was a commen sight here in the 1980’s. I don’t know about any Iveco Wrecker at this moment, but it is not unlikely that one existed.

      From the pic you attached I can see that it is a daycab, wich was the most commen versjon of Iveco/Fiat here in Norway .  The typical byer for Iveco was one-man

      entrepreneurs and counties, often seen as a 4x2 with a 3 way tipper and a little crane. But I know of several 6x4 versjons with large tippers and heavy equiptment.

      In the 1970-80’s it was rare that towing-companys bought a new chassie to build a wrecker of, they often bought a used chassie often old tippers. So your idea is not far from real life at all!!!

      Hope this help..

      Knut S

      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 17, 2010

        Lighten up!  Sorry if I offended you.

        Från: C. Mitchell <chuckyr@...>
        Till: dutchmodeltruckclub@yahoogroups.com
        Datum: söndag 17 oktober 2010 19:49

        Wife = Anchor  Ha, ha, ha!

        Från: C. Mitchell <chuckyr@...>
        Till: dutchmodeltruckclub@yahoogroups.com
        Datum: söndag 17 oktober 2010 18:19

        Store gut = to put in stomach   LOL!

        Från: nedlloyd@... <nedlloyd@...>
        Till: dutchmodeltruckclub@yahoogroups.com
        Datum: söndag 17 oktober 2010 17:23

        Hello Knut,

        as I mentioned before, there are now only a few questions that should help me to make my Iveco wrecker more accurate. I am now working on the decals.

        I have one problem with the Viking logo as there is a viking helmet as a part of the old logo with some symbol on it which I cant identify. Do you think you would be able to find the logo in any higher resolution?

        About the rest of the decals, there will be a VIKING sign on the lightbox on the roof of the truck. I would also like to have an appropriate word for "towing" in your language. I found that there is a word "bilberging" on many trucks. Does this mean something like "towing" ?

        I found a nice Volvo wrecker here:

        http://home.online.no/~sigfrind/Viking%20Vinje/bilder.html

        The signs say Viking Vinje and there is also a sign on the cab which I cant identify. What does "STOREGUT" mean? Would you be able to identify what's on the cab doors as well?

        One more question on you is: what about the numberplates? Are the Norwegian numberplates made by Italeri correct in the matter of size and style, font? Could you recommend me any Italeri kit which has some nice correct signs that would fit a 1980's truck like my Iveco wrecker?

        Your help is really needed. Thanks a lot for it.

        Regards and greetings from Czech republic .

        Jan

        ] På vegne av nedlloyd@...
        > Sendt: 1. februar 2010 22:36
        > Til: dutchmodeltruckclub@yahoogroups.com
        > Emne: Re: SV: [Dutch Modeltruck Club] Old Iveco wrecker in
        w:st="on"> Norway ??

        > Helps a lot Knut! I may get in touch with you later to get together
        some
        > realistic sings on the cab and body i your language if you don't
        mind.

        > Jan

        <mailto:knutsan%40online.no> no>
        > > Předmět: SV: [Dutch Modeltruck Club] Old Iveco wrecker in
        w:st="on"> Norway ??
        > > Datum: 01.2.2010 22:27:26
        > > I can confirm (as an Norweigan) that Iveco/ Fiat was a commen
        sight here in
        > > the 1980’s. I don’t know about any Iveco Wrecker at this
        moment, but it is
        > > not unlikely that one existed.
        > >
        > > From the pic you attached I can see that it is a daycab, wich
        was the most
        > > commen versjon of Iveco/Fiat here in
        w:st="on">Norway . The typical byer for Iveco was
        > > one-man
        > >
        > > entrepreneurs and counties, often seen as a 4x2 with a 3 way
        tipper and a
        > > little crane. But I know of several 6x4 versjons with large
        tippers and
        > > heavy equiptment.
        > >

        > > In the 1970-80’s it was rare that towing-companys bought a new
        chassie to
        > > build a wrecker of, they often bought a used chassie often old
        tippers. So
        > > your idea is not far from real life at all!!!
        > >

        > > Hope this help..
        > >

        > > Knut S
        > >
        > > _____
        > >
        > > Fra: dutchmodeltruckclub
        <mailto:dutchmodeltruckclub%40yahoogroups.com>
        > @yahoogroups.com
        > > [mailto:dutchmodeltruckclub
        <mailto:nedlloyd%40seznam.cz> cz included