Whoops....size matters....

  • sturgis007
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
      Hi all,

      When doing some research on trailer mounted cranes earlier toay, i
      came across this here... couldn't help chuckle at it despite beeing
      quite serious :D

      http://www.myinterestingfiles.com/2008/06/failed-to-choose-the-right-size-of-mobile-crane.html

      cheers
      Dave
    • André de Vries
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009

        Ha yes, seen that one before. The last picture is fake but still funny anyway.

        André

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
          this photo is partly a hoax,,,,look at the first pic of the
          first crane going in,,,then look at the second one going in,,all the
          same people and vehichles,,,not bad photo chopping
          tho,,lol,,TimB

          --- In dutchmodeltruckclub@yahoogroups.com, "sturgis007"
          <sturgis007@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > When doing some research on trailer mounted cranes earlier toay, i
          > came across this here... couldn't help chuckle at it despite beeing
          > quite serious :D
          >
          > http://www.myinterestingfiles.com/2008/06/failed-to-choose-the-
          right-size-of-mobile-crane.html

          > cheers
          > Dave

        • Sean Duffy
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
            I can see how the first truck ran into trouble, but short of the dock, earth giving way can not see the second truck going in the way it appears to be.

            The last pic looks like they used the 5th picture and added the crane

            Sean

            Sean Duffy
            Barrie, Ontario Canada

            Group 25 - Megacity Motor Madness 2008

            Sean's Models and Pictures

            Sean's Groups
            Yahoo International Truck Models Group
            Yahoo Large Scale Military Vehicles
            Yahoo - FEVM · Fire Emergency Vehicle Modeling
            Yahoo The Model Car Club Group
            Yahoo Simcoe Scale Modelers

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
                lol, yea guys, i know the last is fake... it even says so in the
                comments below the pictures...
                Still doesn't make the small truck going in less funny :D

                Cheers
                Dave
                --- In dutchmodeltruckclub@yahoogroups.com, Jonas A <jonasa4@...> wrote:

                > It is fake, has been on the internet for a long time now.
                >
                > Jonas
                >
                > 2009/2/2 Sean Duffy <seansmodelsandcars@...>
                >
                > > I can see how the first truck ran into trouble, but short of the
                > > dock, earth giving way can not see the second truck going in the
                way it
                > > appears to be.
                > >
                > > The last pic looks like they used the 5th picture and added the crane
                > >
                > > Sean
                > >
                > >    Sean Duffy
                > > Barrie, Ontario Canada
                > >
                > > Group 25 - Megacity Motor Madness 2008
                > > http://www.group25.org/
                > >
                > > Sean's Models and Pictures
                > > http://public.fotki.com/SWDuffy/
                > >
                > > Sean's Groups
                > > Yahoo International Truck Models Group
                > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/internationaltruckmodels/
                > > Yahoo Large Scale Military Vehicles
                > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/largescalemilitaryvehicles/
                > > Yahoo - FEVM · Fire Emergency Vehicle Modeling
                > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FEVM/
                > > Yahoo The Model Car Club Group
                > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/themodelcarclub/
                > > Yahoo Simcoe Scale Modelers