RE: [Dutch Modeltruck Club] On my Workbench this Holiday

  • Danny and Belinda
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2009

      Looking good andre,the jaymar dah I must agree isn’t the best and is wrong anyway,I have attached a pic of a aussie f10/12 rhd,

      Remember some of us still choose to make most of our dashes and other parts for that matter as opposed to buying aftermarket ones,I use the occasional resin one but I make my own where possible,

      Cheers danny

      Enjoying my Christmas holiday the fullest I’m also spending time on the hobby and picked up the Australian Volvo F12 Globetrotter that I started working on for over 5 years ago!! Back then I already did most of the work on the tank/airfilter/ storage unit behind the cab. For that I used parts from the latest Italeri accessories kit, the Italeri Western Star Australia truck and ofcourse some parts of the actual Volvo. Lately I have been doing more work on the chassis by fitting the wheels, the rear mudflaps, the quarter mudflaps and the roobar that can also tilt. All these parts come from the Ertl Volvo N10 kit. The tires are from the F12 kit and they fit the Ertl rims very well. At first I thought not turn the F12 into a rhd as it probably would not be noticed? But who am I kidding? So I cut the engine tunnel out of the interior and into two pieces so I could glue them back in place the outer way around. The holes were filled in with pasticcard, the seams covered with glue and sanded. The dashboard comes from the former Australian Jaymar company. Not the best of quality but it does do the trick and saves me a lot of time cutting up the original dash. I must say that I know now what it must have been like for you Brittish, Australian and New Zealand builders when there weren’t any conversion parts available. Hopefully I can finish it during these holidays but for sure before Jabbeke in March. Please follow the link below for the latest pictures and excuses for the poor quality, they were made with my mobilephone.

      http://public. fotki.com/ modeltrucks25ths cale/our_ own_models_ and/andr/ finished_ models/in_ progress_ models/volvo_ f12_globetrot/

      André

    • Dave Griffiths
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2009
        Thanks for the picture, it will be very useful when I come to paint
        KFS more accurate version, cheers....... Dave. >
        > Looking good andre,the jaymar dah I must agree isn't the best and is
        > wrong anyway,I have attached a pic of a aussie f10/12 rhd,
        >
        > Remember some of us still choose to make most of our dashes and other
        > parts for that matter as opposed to buying aftermarket ones,I use the
        > occasional resin one but I make my own where possible,
        >

        > Cheers danny

      • André de Vries
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2009

          Hi Danny, thanks for the Volvo dash picture. Looking at the color of the upholstery I think this is a third version F12 like the Black Italeri F16 kit. I’m building a first version (late 70’s to 1982). These will probably not have the “bulge” with all the odometers. But I’m not sure. Anyway, when I painted the Jaymar dash black and the interior is inside the cab it will probably look rather good as it is. Hope to do some more on the Volvo next Sunday. Tomorrow I’m off to Germany.

          André

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 3, 2009

            No worries andre,I do also have pics here of the interior of and old red 1981 f12 that carted frozen chips from the factory to the wharf the same time as dad was running his old white,that has brown trim but also has the bulge with the extra gauges,

            We have a show upcoming in a few weeks so my bench is a busy place at the moment trying to finish off some of these scanias,lol

            Have fun while you are away

            Cheers danny