Re: Wind turbine transport. Gone wrong.

  • Con van der Ham
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hi Geert and others,

      I've had the text translated and the translator complained about the
      quality of the text.

      My crude translation was about right but the correct translation is:

      >Windmill transport ended in the ditch
      >Vejlevej, between Brande and Give.
      >29/01-2007.
      >
      >A special transport with a tower for a windmill ended in the ditch
      >this morning around 10am between Brande and Give. The transport was
      en
      >route to Esbjerg but was forced off course when another truck swung
      >over to the wrong side of the road. I left the scene at 16:30, and
      at
      >that point they where just getting started removing it.

      This means that the road has been blocked for over 6.5 hours because
      after the 6.5 hours they only started to remove the truck and trailer.

      Regards
      Con

      --- In dutchmodeltruckclub@yahoogroups.com, Geert Diet <gppdiet@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Con,
      >
      > thanks.
      >
      > (to veer --> to change course ;) )
      >

      > Regards,
      >
      > Geert
      >

      > At 10:48 31/01/2007 +0100, Con wrote:
      > >Heello,
      > >
      > >from wqhat I can translate it looks like he had to veered (?) to
      much to let
      > >another lorry pass.
      > >I will have the text translated tonight. I will then let you know
      what it says
      > >exactly.
      > >
      > >Regards
      > >Con

    • Geert Diet
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
        Hi Con,

        thanks for the correct translation. Hehe, for fun I had also tried one free on-line translator myself, not much sense could be made of the translation, included mention of a "duck truck", LOL. (Didn't say if it was black with a tanker trailer, haha.)

        Hm, wonder what the frame of the truck looks like with the trailer removed.

        Regards,

        Geert