20118Re: [Dutch Modeltruck Club] Transport nostalgia

  • sturgis007
    May 19, 2013
      ahaha, i'm actually quite enjoying this (despite the annoying 5 minutes per scene format :p ), still have a few episodes to go through though :)
      One a side note, it's cool to see how things looked then (i'm from '82) i'm guesing if this was aired in 83, most of the shooting might have happened in 82... especially since most of it was shot on location (bit of a surprise really :) )

      Also, the minderhout service station/truckshop sure has changed :D

      --- In dutchmodeltruckclub@yahoogroups.com, cintrans <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Hey, you have to take it all with a pinch of salt, lol...
      > It was a low budget series, made by public television, after all!
      > Back in those days the Bedford TK was very popular in Belgium, and easily found at breakers yards or 2e hand, so thats why i assume it was cheaper to use one like that...
      >
      > A friend of my dad had a TK they build a multi-lift system onto (one of the early types with the two steel cables) making it one of the very first container drop-off trucks in the region.
      > The lift was build over onto a Ford D series (a ex-brewery truck) a few years later to improve loading capacity.
      >
      > Same goes for those Scania 111s "torpedo's". When "Henk" and the Maes girl are parked in front of the traffic light in episode #9, you can see a yard thru the side window filled up with a row of 111's. This was a very familiar site back then, lots of Belgium company's like De Dijcker, TMD (Diependaele back then), De Bock and others had big fleets off those 111's. They were quite popular then.
      >
      > Jean-Pierre
      >
      > --- In dutchmodeltruckclub@yahoogroups.com, johannes zagers <ingzagers@> wrote:
      > >
      > > JP, I also found those episodes. I doubt the Bedford was cheaper to crash than the VW but I'm not an expert (but I wondered how fast a recoverytruck was on the spot....)
      > > Also found the Van Swieten truck in episode 9 but when I checked the licenseplate when the driver left with truck nr. 140 and when he died in the same 140 that afternoon they mixed up those plates.
      > >
      > > Johannes

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic