Vini & Bruce on TV again!

  • pauldbevan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2002
      Vini & Bruce both appeared in a C4 documentary called The
      Alcohol Years by Carol Morley, a face on the Manchester scene
      of the 1980s and member of girl duo ToT.
      Most of the programme deals unflinchingly with her numerous
      sexual adventures with various Manc musicians and
      Hacienda-types. Vini appears in a sympathetic sequence
      towards the end, giving the impression that their relationship
      was slightly more substantial than many of the others detailed
      earlier on. Bruce makes some wise-old-uncle-type comments...
      Durutti's Mercy Theme appears at one point (during the Pete
      Shelley in Paris episode, slightly confusingly...).
      I think this was first shown about a year ago, but I only caught it
      on a recent late-night repeat.
      If anyone wants a VHS PAL format copy of this, and either or both
      of the other two programmes mentioned in my previous post,
      ask me nicely and I'll see what I can do...

      Paul.