Has anybody borrowed my stilts?

  • Miark
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2006
      Hi Everybody

      I used to have a pair of wooden 30" high wooden strap-on stilts (as
      tested by Dr John at Chocfest many moons ago). I can't find them and
      suspect I may have lent them to someone, but can't think who.

      Has anyone noticed feeling particularly taller than usual recently (in
      the past year is recent), able to reach shelves they didn't previously
      be able to reach, no longer able to reach their toes, able to paddle
      much further out to sea, have legs that Long John Silver might be
      envious of the tan line on, no longer able to fit comfortably in small
      cars? If so do you want to check you aren't wearing a pair of stilts
      that you might have borrowed and forgotten about.

      They were made of wood, 30" high foot-plates, red velvet top, red & blue
      striped straps and had a pair of Black knee pads attached to them.

      If anyone has any ideas that would be helpful it would be good to get my
      stilts back before next weekend

      Thanks

      Miark
    • John.Wolstenholme@ncl.ac.uk
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2006
        I have always been this tall ........ the footplates were too small anyway
        and I kept feeling like my size 12s were going to walk off the front,
        which was not a good feeling to have in the circumstances.

        Dr John

        To: durhamcityjugglers@yahoogroups.com
        From: Miark <miark@...>
        Date sent: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 17:06:42 +0000
        Subject: [durhamcityjugglers] Has anybody borrowed my stilts?
        Send reply to: durhamcityjugglers@yahoogroups.com

        > Hi Everybody
        >
        > I used to have a pair of wooden 30" high wooden strap-on stilts (as
        > tested by Dr John at Chocfest many moons ago). I can't find them and
        > suspect I may have lent them to someone, but can't think who.
        >
        > Has anyone noticed feeling particularly taller than usual recently (in
        > the past year is recent), able to reach shelves they didn't previously
        > be able to reach, no longer able to reach their toes, able to paddle
        > much further out to sea, have legs that Long John Silver might be
        > envious of the tan line on, no longer able to fit comfortably in small
        > cars? If so do you want to check you aren't wearing a pair of stilts
        > that you might have borrowed and forgotten about.
        >
        > They were made of wood, 30" high foot-plates, red velvet top, red &
        > blue striped straps and had a pair of Black knee pads attached to
        > them.
        >
        > If anyone has any ideas that would be helpful it would be good to get
        > my stilts back before next weekend
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Miark
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Dr John Wolstenholme
        Cytogenetics Laboratory
        Institute of Human Genetics
        Central Parkway
        Newcastle upon Tyne
        NE1 3BZ

        tel. 0191 241 8706
        fax. 0191 241 8713
      • Maddy Marshall
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2006
          maybe aliens have them.

          >From: Miark <miark@...>
          >To: durhamcityjugglers@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [durhamcityjugglers] Has anybody borrowed my stilts?
          >Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 17:06:42 +0000
          >
          >Hi Everybody
          >
          >I used to have a pair of wooden 30" high wooden strap-on stilts (as
          >tested by Dr John at Chocfest many moons ago). I can't find them and
          >suspect I may have lent them to someone, but can't think who.
          >
          >Has anyone noticed feeling particularly taller than usual recently (in
          >the past year is recent), able to reach shelves they didn't previously
          >be able to reach, no longer able to reach their toes, able to paddle
          >much further out to sea, have legs that Long John Silver might be
          >envious of the tan line on, no longer able to fit comfortably in small
          >cars? If so do you want to check you aren't wearing a pair of stilts
          >that you might have borrowed and forgotten about.
          >
          >They were made of wood, 30" high foot-plates, red velvet top, red & blue
          >striped straps and had a pair of Black knee pads attached to them.
          >
          >If anyone has any ideas that would be helpful it would be good to get my
          >stilts back before next weekend
          >
          >Thanks
          >
          >Miark

          Windows Live� Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!