Camping weekend

  • Les
    Message 1 of 30 , Mar 1, 2006
      30 pitches have been reserved for Durham City Jugglers, families and
      Friends at
      http://www.caravancampingsites.co.uk/northumberland/beachcomber.htm for
      the weekend of 5th -7th May. Nine weeks time. The party tent will be
      going so weather should be no obstacle.
      Are you coming Roger? Will you bring the big barbecue?
      Bring your own food and drink.
      No doubt there will be kiting on the beach but there is a riding stables
      on site as well. Is anybody interested in riding? Shall I find out how
      much/ book some horses?
      Some idea of how many intend to come would be useful so I can try to
      book more space if necesssary
      Dylys

    • Roger Davies
      Message 2 of 30 , Mar 1, 2006
        Yes hope to come, although if I don't I will make sure that it is
        available to come up with someone else.

        Roger

        Les wrote:

        > 30 pitches have been reserved for Durham City Jugglers, families and
        > Friends at
        > http://www.caravancampingsites.co.uk/northumberland/beachcomber.htm for
        > the weekend of 5th -7th May. Nine weeks time. The party tent will be
        > going so weather should be no obstacle.
        > Are you coming Roger? Will you bring the big barbecue?
        > Bring your own food and drink.
        > No doubt there will be kiting on the beach but there is a riding stables
        > on site as well. Is anybody interested in riding? Shall I find out how
        > much/ book some horses?
        > Some idea of how many intend to come would be useful so I can try to
        > book more space if necesssary
        > Dylys

      • Claire *
        Message 3 of 30 , Mar 1, 2006
          I'd like to come please, thanks

          claire

          From: Roger Davies <roger.davies@...>
          To: durhamcityjugglers@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [durhamcityjugglers] Camping weekend
          Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 17:36:58 +0000

          Les wrote:

          > 30 pitches have been reserved for Durham City Jugglers, families and
          > Friends at
          > http://www.caravancampingsites.co.uk/northumberland/beachcomber.htm for
          > the weekend of 5th -7th May. Nine weeks time. The party tent will be
          > going so weather should be no obstacle.
          > Are you coming Roger? Will you bring the big barbecue?
          > Bring your own food and drink.
          > No doubt there will be kiting on the beach but there is a riding stables
          > on site as well. Is anybody interested in riding? Shall I find out how
          > much/ book some horses?
          > Some idea of how many intend to come would be useful so I can try to
          > book more space if necesssary
          > Dylys

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • mike
          Message 4 of 30 , Mar 1, 2006
            Looks like we've no excuse but to come along and party, i thought htere was
            something in the diary, there was, and this was it!
            Mike
            > 30 pitches have been reserved for Durham City Jugglers, families and
            > Friends at
            > http://www.caravancampingsites.co.uk/northumberland/beachcomber.htm for
            > the weekend of 5th -7th May. Nine weeks time. The party tent will be
            > going so weather should be no obstacle.
            > Are you coming Roger? Will you bring the big barbecue?
            > Bring your own food and drink.
            > No doubt there will be kiting on the beach but there is a riding stables
            > on site as well. Is anybody interested in riding? Shall I find out how
            > much/ book some horses?
            > Some idea of how many intend to come would be useful so I can try to
            > book more space if necesssary
            > Dylys
            >
            > --

          • AndyN
            Message 5 of 30 , Mar 1, 2006
              I'm in also, too early to say if Karen will join me but Jack won't be there
              as he doesn't have me that weekend :-(

              Andy
            • Tall Claire
              Message 6 of 30 , Mar 1, 2006
                I very much doubt we'll be there. Maybe next year!
                The Talls

                On Wednesday 01 March 2006 17:23, Les wrote:
                > 30 pitches have been reserved for Durham City Jugglers, families and
                > Friends at
                > http://www.caravancampingsites.co.uk/northumberland/beachcomber.htm for
                > the weekend of 5th -7th May. Nine weeks time. The party tent will be
                > going so weather should be no obstacle.
                > Are you coming Roger? Will you bring the big barbecue?
                > Bring your own food and drink.
                > No doubt there will be kiting on the beach but there is a riding stables
                > on site as well. Is anybody interested in riding? Shall I find out how
                > much/ book some horses?
                > Some idea of how many intend to come would be useful so I can try to
                > book more space if necesssary
                > Dylys
              • AndyN
                Message 7 of 30 , Mar 28, 2006
                  Just a reminder to all on the list, there has been a weekends camping booked
                  for 5th - 7th May (30 pitches) at Gosswick, Northumberland, everyone is
                  invited please forward your intentions to the group or myself or Les and
                  Dylys so we know how many spare places there are. More details below.

                  Andy

                  : 30 pitches have been reserved for Durham City Jugglers, families and
                  : Friends at
                  : http://www.caravancampingsites.co.uk/northumberland/beachcomber.htm for
                  : the weekend of 5th -7th May. Nine weeks time. The party tent will be
                  : going so weather should be no obstacle.
                  : Are you coming Roger? Will you bring the big barbecue?
                  : Bring your own food and drink.
                  : No doubt there will be kiting on the beach but there is a riding stables
                  : on site as well. Is anybody interested in riding? Shall I find out how
                  : much/ book some horses?
                  : Some idea of how many intend to come would be useful so I can try to
                  : book more space if necesssary
                  : Dylys
                  :
                  : --
                  : No virus found in this outgoing message.
                  : Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                  :
                  :
                  :
                  :
                  : ___________________________________________________________
                  : NEW Yahoo! Cars - sell your car and browse thousands of new and used cars
                  online! http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/
                  :
                  :
                  :
                  : Yahoo! Groups Links
                  :
                  :
                  :
                  :
                  :
                  :
                  :
                  :
                  :
                  : --
                  : No virus found in this incoming message.
                  : Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                  :
                • Patrick Tierney
                  Message 8 of 30 , Mar 29, 2006
                    I would like to come too thanks,
                     Patrick

                    Les wrote:

                    > 30 pitches have been reserved for Durham City Jugglers, families and
                    > Friends at
                    > http://www.caravancampingsites.co.uk/northumberland/beachcomber.htm for
                    > the weekend of 5th -7th May. Nine weeks time. The party tent will be
                    > going so weather should be no obstacle.
                    > Are you coming Roger? Will you bring the big barbecue?
                    > Bring your own food and drink.
                    > No doubt there will be kiting on the beach but there is a riding stables
                    > on site as well. Is anybody interested in riding? Shall I find out how
                    > much/ book some horses?
                    > Some idea of how many intend to come would be useful so I can try to
                    > book more space if necesssary
                    > Dylys

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                       http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  • Anwen

                      Message 10 of 30 , Apr 13, 2006

                        Talked to the lady at the stables today.  She was able to offer 9.45 on Saturday morning. I thought this was OK because it didn’t take up all the day and would leave time to go out afterwards. I have booked for Roger, Claire M, Anwen, Cathy, and me. Because some people havn’t ridden before we get a short lesson followed by a ride on the beach. If this is not OK please let me know ASAP and I will try to re –arrange although being a weekend the book was quite full. If anyone else wants to join in please let me know if you want me to book you onto this or you could make your own arrangements.

                        Dylys

                        Message 11 of 30 , May 3, 2006

                          Because Roger will be going home early and no-one else has room to bring it back the big barbecue will not now be going.

                          This means everyone will need their own cooking equipment. It is a long way to the pub and even further to the shops.  The camp site shop has only the basics and is only open for three seperate half hour slots.

                          Claire – I have cancelled your horse.

                          Lets hope the weather forecast is wrong

                          Les & Dyl

                          :
                          :
                          :
                          :
                          : ___________________________________________________________
                          : NEW Yahoo! Cars - sell your car and browse thousands of new and used cars
                          online! http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/
                          :
                          :
                          :
                          : Yahoo! Groups Links
                          :
                          :
                          :
                          :
                          :
                          :
                          :
                          :
                          :
                          : --
                          : No virus found in this incoming message.
                          ::

                          Yahoo! Groups Links

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                        • JOHN EVERETT

                            Message 13 of 30 , May 3, 2006
                              I have re-arranged my life a little and I can now say longer... So can
                              take and bring back barby.

                              Roger

                            • AndyN
                              Message 14 of 30 , May 3, 2006
                                John
                                Has your van got a toe hook? You don't want the stinking BBQ inside your
                                van. I travelled back with it from the Lakes a few years back and it took me
                                weeks before anyone would travel with me in my car!

                                If you have a toe hook and are willing to take it can you please organise
                                with Rog a convenient pick up point? Roger's email is Roger@...
                                he has offered the use of his trailer to carry it. DEFFINITELY not to be
                                carried inside a vehicle! If you can't, no problem.

                                Fire on the beach........ anyone.............. no not the toys
                                variety......... unless you really want to.......but a FIRE?

                                Looking forward to it.

                                Andy
                              • JOHN EVERETT
                                Message 15 of 30 , May 3, 2006
                                  Why would I want to put a hook on my toe?

                                  Sorry! Couldn't resist that - forgive me! No, I haven't got a TOW hook, but am still willing to consider using the van as it tends to just sit on the drive a lot of the time and can 'air out' over the next few weeks if necessary. It's got a vinyl floor in it so I assume it wouldn't get spoilt or anything??

                                  What do you think? I'm not all that 'van proud' if you know what I mean.

                                  John

                                  Message 16 of 30 , May 4, 2006
                                    You know when there is a word which doesn't look right and you can't think of an alternative way of spelling it..... That was me last night!

                                    As for the van, it's entirely up to you, it is VERY smelly in an unpleasant burnt fat, charcoal and yuk way. I was pleased to get it out of my car but then had to put up with the smell for what seemed an age afterwards!

                                    Andy
                                  • Roger Davies
                                    Message 17 of 30 , May 4, 2006
                                      This group is definitely not functioning properly - the mail went from
                                      me and is showing on the forum but was not distributed! I have replied
                                      saying, I have re-arranged things and will bring and return the barby so
                                      there is no need to make anyone else's van smell. :-)

                                      I should be there about 9.30 though... I have a meeting I can not miss. :-(

                                      See you all later

                                      Roger

                                      AndyN wrote:

                                      > You know when there is a word which doesn't look right and you can't
                                      > think of an alternative way of spelling it..... That was me last night!
                                      >
                                      > As for the van, it's entirely up to you, it is VERY smelly in an
                                      > unpleasant burnt fat, charcoal and yuk way. I was pleased to get it out
                                      > of my car but then had to put up with the smell for what seemed an age
                                      > afterwards!
                                      >
                                      > Andy

                                      > Craft hobby
                                      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Juggling&w4=Hobby&c=4&s=70&.sig=Vmn57CAcC77GHnaiotLB6g>
                                      > Hobby and craft supply
                                      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Juggling&w4=Hobby&c=4&s=70&.sig=XIXmslS3mO1E1oyVQBs3BA>
                                      > Juggling
                                      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Juggling&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Juggling&w4=Hobby&c=4&s=70&.sig=fT1DLg0yyQ0k00miIh-99g>
                                      >
                                      > Hobby
                                      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Hobby&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Juggling&w4=Hobby&c=4&s=70&.sig=8nxyzAovikAFygVWXeuzzQ>
                                      >

                                      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                                      >
                                      > * Visit your group "durhamcityjugglers
                                      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/durhamcityjugglers>" on the web.

                                    • AndyN
                                      Message 18 of 30 , May 4, 2006
                                        : This group is definitely not functioning properly - the mail went from
                                        : me and is showing on the forum but was not distributed!

                                        Thanks Rog. I have had a look and can't see why your mail last night wasn't
                                        sent. I have had instances where its taken a few hours before a post appears
                                        but never this long.

                                        Andy