show at convention

  • mini mansell
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 5, 2005
      this is mainly directed at Mikey but smeone else could be able to do it.

      would anyone like to do a big (2 metres square) DCJ logo on matt black cloth
      to use as dressing for the cyc (black curtain at the back of the stage)

      it just occured to me that the show gets videod every year by loads of
      people and it would be good to have someonethign on those videos that
      distinquishes the shows from others.

      Mini
    • AndyN
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 5, 2005
        Mini we have a small flag size ergh flag, I will ask my Mum if she could do
        something bigger. Do you have anything in mind or something simple with just
        basic lettering?

        Andy

        Durham City Jugglers can be found at;
        www.durhamcityjugglers.org.uk

        > this is mainly directed at Mikey but smeone else could be able to do it.
        >

        > would anyone like to do a big (2 metres square) DCJ logo on matt black
        cloth
        > to use as dressing for the cyc (black curtain at the back of the stage)
        >
        > it just occured to me that the show gets videod every year by loads of
        > people and it would be good to have someonethign on those videos that
        > distinquishes the shows from others.
        >

        > Mini
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        > --
        05/10/2005

      • mini mansell
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 5, 2005
          i think i have seen the flag andy. i was thinking more life size.. i
          just think it would look great.

          > Mini we have a small flag size ergh flag, I will ask my Mum if she could
          > do
          > something bigger. Do you have anything in mind or something simple with
          > just
          > basic lettering?
          >
          > Andy
          >
          > Durham City Jugglers can be found at;
          > www.durhamcityjugglers.org.uk

        • Les
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 6, 2005
            Just wondering who these loads of people who video the show are. Surely
            the normal situation is that there is an official video which people can
            buy a copy of if they wish
            Dylysprofits being divvied up between video maker, performers and show
            organisers. I have never been to a show where unregulated videoing is
            allowed.

            this is mainly directed at Mikey but smeone else could be able to do
            it.

            would anyone like to do a big (2 metres square) DCJ logo on matt black
            cloth
            to use as dressing for the cyc (black curtain at the back of the stage)

            it just occured to me that the show gets videod every year by loads of
            people and it would be good to have someonethign on those videos that
            distinquishes the shows from others.

            Mini

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            10/3/2005

          • mini mansell
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 6, 2005
              irrespective of your thoughts on unregulated videoing of juggling convention
              shows anything that improves the look of the stage can only be a good
              thing..

              a well dressed stage always improves the audiences pleasure.

              > Just wondering who these loads of people who video the show are. Surely
              > the normal situation is that there is an official video which people can
              > buy a copy of if they wish
              > Dylysprofits being divvied up between video maker, performers and show
              > organisers. I have never been to a show where unregulated videoing is
              > allowed.

            • AndyN
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 6, 2005
                I'm not sure if we would have time to do a master piece I will ask anyway.

                Andy

                Durham City Jugglers can be found at;
                www.durhamcityjugglers.org.uk

                > i think i have seen the flag andy. i was thinking more life size.. i
                > just think it would look great.

                05/10/2005

              • AndyN
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 6, 2005
                  This has never happened in the past to my knowledge. Normally the cast of
                  the show have been asked if they object to being videoed, if for any reason
                  they do the compere requests the audience to stop videoing while they
                  perform their act. Correct me if I am wrong but the club has never been
                  given a donation/copy of any of our shows.

                  Andy

                  Durham City Jugglers can be found at;
                  www.durhamcityjugglers.org.uk

                  > Just wondering who these loads of people who video the show are. Surely
                  > the normal situation is that there is an official video which people can
                  > buy a copy of if they wish
                  > Dylysprofits being divvied up between video maker, performers and show
                  > organisers. I have never been to a show where unregulated videoing is
                  > allowed.

                  05/10/2005

                • mini mansell
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 6, 2005
                    that was my belief as well Andy. you just worded it better than i

                    i cant think of any juggling convention show where there hasnt been
                    "unregulated" videoing.. and the only act i ever remember asking to not be
                    videod where men in coats at one ofnteh chocfests

                    > This has never happened in the past to my knowledge. Normally the cast of
                    > the show have been asked if they object to being videoed, if for any
                    > reason
                    > they do the compere requests the audience to stop videoing while they
                    > perform their act. Correct me if I am wrong but the club has never been
                    > given a donation/copy of any of our shows.
                    >
                    > Andy
                    >
                    > Durham City Jugglers can be found at;
                    > www.durhamcityjugglers.org.uk

                  • mini mansell
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 6, 2005
                      more on the videoing

                      Andy is there space on the flier to comment that this is out 9th event and
                      we dot have any of the shows on video. and if anyone as copies of past
                      shows could they copy one for the club.

                      i have a decent dvd editing suite. and offer to convert any convention show
                      footage to a nice dvd (or set of them)

                      > that was my belief as well Andy. you just worded it better than i
                      >
                      > i cant think of any juggling convention show where there hasnt been
                      > "unregulated" videoing.. and the only act i ever remember asking to not
                      > be
                      > videod where men in coats at one ofnteh chocfests

                    • mike
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 6, 2005
                        Hi y'all
                        Not sure of any other 1dayer that has an "official" video, though obviously
                        things like the BJC and probably EJC have them. It may be good to get
                        stevoid to ask if we can get a copy of anyone's videos from the day on DVD
                        just so we can have a look, though i really don't think that there is a
                        market for a Durham dvd. ( and possibly don't want to get the title of
                        Stingey Convention by telling people that they can only get the official
                        DVD.) the BJC this year asked for anyone who had DVD video to send it up to
                        them then Graham put it al on a single DVD. The response from people was
                        less than generous, with most of the DVD coming from a couple of peoples'
                        work. I would concur that it would be good if we asked the artistes if the
                        minded their shows' being videoed -and not just turning the light off the
                        video to fool them ,( I remember York ;OP) I know that at BJC some of the
                        artistes wanted piccies that i had taken sent on to them for publicity etc.
                        which wasn't a problem.
                        Anyway, not sure what i was trying to say, think it was
                        Let people video the show if the performers are ok with this
                        Ask anyone who does this if we can have a copy
                        Ask the performers if they would like a copy of it
                        I'll be taking photos
                        Cheers and fizzy water
                        Mike

                        > This has never happened in the past to my knowledge. Normally the cast of
                        > the show have been asked if they object to being videoed, if for any
                        > reason
                        > they do the compere requests the audience to stop videoing while they
                        > perform their act. Correct me if I am wrong but the club has never been
                        > given a donation/copy of any of our shows.
                        >
                        > Andy
                        >
                        > Durham City Jugglers can be found at;
                        > www.durhamcityjugglers.org.uk

                      • Les
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 6, 2005
                          Sorry I think I put it badly I wasn't referring to our show in
                          particular but any sort of performance that people pay for. There always
                          seems to be a notice saying no videoing or photography allowed and
                          official videos for sale.

                          > This has never happened in the past to my knowledge. Normally the cast
                          of
                          > the show have been asked if they object to being videoed, if for any
                          > reason
                          > they do the compere requests the audience to stop videoing while they
                          > perform their act. Correct me if I am wrong but the club has never
                          been
                          > given a donation/copy of any of our shows.
                          >
                          > Andy
                          >
                          > Durham City Jugglers can be found at;
                          > www.durhamcityjugglers.org.uk

                          Yahoo! Groups Links

                          10/3/2005

                        • AndyN
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 6, 2005
                            Mini the front of the flier is full, however I can put something on the back
                            with the locatoin of the school. Is it ok to put your address as the contact
                            or should I just stick with my contact details?

                            05/10/2005

                          • mini mansell
                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 6, 2005
                              i am happy either way Andy.. i just think it would be a cool thing to do,
                              and i could do with a winter project.

                              i am guessing theres probably 20 hours or more of footage out there
                              somewhere.

                              maybe more