Fw: Durham City Jugglers on BBC Wear

  • AndyN
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2005
      Durham City Jugglers on BBC Wear
      In case Anwen forgets to forward this........

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2005
        You beat me to it!

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2005
          Durham City Jugglers on BBC Wear
          andy.

          i am one of the juggler.net admins  i have removed andy yellow.

          was there any otehr email addresses  or was that the only one

        • John.Wolstenholme@ncl.ac.uk
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 30 5:34 AM
            Dear all

            Dr John and Cathy are pleased to announce their combined, two-
            centre, house-warming, street party in Bridgemere Drive,
            Framwellgate Moor, on Saturday 7th May (Cathy's is a bit belated
            on the house-warming bit). We have no idea how the two-centre bit
            is going to work, but hopefully it will be interesting to the people
            who live in between.

            The theme of the party is 'Spirit of the Blitz'. Fancy dress is
            obligatory, unless you want to spend the entire evening banished to
            the air raid shelter (Dr John's shed) with a root vegetable to
            contemplate on for your sins. Don't just think military though (but
            thats OK if thats what you are into). Think land girls, 'Ello 'Ello
            (especially Helga!), Dad's Army, nurses, Colditz, members of the
            royal family in Nazi outfits, The Great Escape (no tunnels or
            jumping over my fence on a motorbike though), ambulance drivers,
            Winston Churchill, the Queen Mum, evacuees, another Helga,
            Mussolini (for the shorter rounder guest who wants to be strung up
            later in the evening), yet another Helga, air raid wardens, Humphrey
            Bogart in The African Queen (or maybe that was WW1?), spies,
            spivs etc., and thats just for starters. Maybe we could have prize
            for the best Helga or perhaps just have a Helga party.

            A certain amount of overnight accommodation will be available, but
            some of it may be overcrowded and reminiscent of happy evenings
            spent in the London Underground singing 'Roll out the Barrel' and
            drinking tea during air raids.

            More details closer to the time, but it will probably start earlier in
            the Tap. Vegetarians (particularly vegans) are especially welcome,
            as we only have one tin of corned beef and 2oz (thats 50g Duncan)
            of cheese between us. We also have rather a lot of potatoes and
            turnips to get through, which will cause some difficulty with some
            more extreme Indian sects who only eat things which grow above
            the ground. Maybe they can eat the top half of the turnips? Then
            there's the Kosher and Halal options to worry about. Sh** - I think
            we have to keep these two in separate kitchens as well. Doesn't
            catering get complicated in the modern cosmopolitan society in
            which we live?

            Enough ramblings, back to work.

            Dr John and Cathy 'Masher' Mallam

            Dr John Wolstenholme