New year - new t's? or hooded sweatshirts?

  • duncan.castling@durham.gov.uk
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005

      One of the Kiting lot is getting quality cheap T's and hoodies printed in Egypt, Hurghada and shipped over. -- Oooo Hot sun, thermal winds, kites, cheap beer. sorry dreaming..... Anyway i asked whether we could do a joint order. See Brians reply below;

      Give you an idea ... I am trying to group a few orders together... Seka, Teeside Powerkites, Flexifoil (they dont know it yet!) and mine! The tees cost about £3 each to make (trust me the quality is awesome.180gm/m2, taped shoulder to shoulder.. you'll see when you get yours) ....then there is a set fee of around £20 for the film for the print plus 10p for putting the print on the tee, then airfreight back into the uk, add duties, custom clearence and VAT total bill per tee for 50 tees  = £5.82 per tee. (yes I am making a loss but its about getting the tees on the beaches). However think about jumpers... I have managed to get a new price for my hooded jumpers £6 fob which will work out around £12 to my door and still (350gm/m2 min)

      Would we like to order say 50t's? or A better bet seems to be the Hoodies? Constructive comments welcomed.

      Drunc.

    • Les
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005

        Hoodies would be nice for a change, We all have lots of tee shirts. Will they have full zips , half way zips,  or be pull over the head?

        Les Dyl & Genny

[...]

        ---
        Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

        ---

      • duncan.castling@durham.gov.uk
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 6, 2005

          One response from Les re T's etc. If we go for hoodies that'l be £12. each To cover 2sizes - we'd need to order 100 (see below) - I think that's way too many for us.

          Back to just T's? or just not bother?

          Hoodie orders and colours;
          Its dependant on how many you order, and how many different sizes you want!

          You can now become a designer! However, to keep the costs down its basically any design you want but each size must be a min group of 50... so if you want 50 of your own design you will only have 1 size! 100, 2 sizes etc but that 100 can be 40% medium and 60% large!

          The other option is to clamp onto someone elses specs, hopefully they will all be slightly different... for example my next order, will have different coloured hood linings, a front pocket an improved cord, but otherwise remain the same! We will also do full zip hoodies for the ladies!

          Colours ... colours=cost I stuck with 2 but next time I shall go for 3 or 4. The more colours, the better they should look and its not really going to add too much cost. Look at 2 colours will be more stunning!

          Be a designer its easy and makes shopping with the missus more interesting as you get to take more of an interest on how things are built! Your tees, that you will get eventully,(they have been sent!) are how tees should all be made, They are taped shoulder to shoulder ...look at your expensive tees and see how many are, most are taped just behind the neck and as tees hang from the shoulders the tees that are taped shoulder to shoulder hang better, for longer!

          Also colours from egypt last longer than those from china! The best tees are made by realm!!! Trying to compete but they do charge £20 for a tee!!

          Drunc

        • John.Wolstenholme@ncl.ac.uk
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 12, 2005
            Druncan

            Meant to say last night, when you and Pol are booking hols, can
            you bear in mind that we have a booking for Tues 15th March at
            Sedgefield. This is another St Cuthbert's firewalk do, and we would
            lose a certain amount of cred if we let carol down again!

            Dr John

            Dr John Wolstenholme
            Cytogenetics Laboratory
            Institute of Human Genetics
            Central Parkway
            Newcastle upon Tyne
            NE1 3BZ

            tel. 0191 241 8706
            fax. 0191 241 8713
          • John.Wolstenholme@ncl.ac.uk
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 12, 2005
              Dear all

              Sorry, that message got sent round to all of you by mistake.
              Just as well I wasn't being rude about anyone!

              Dr John

              Dr John Wolstenholme
              Cytogenetics Laboratory
              Institute of Human Genetics
              Central Parkway
              Newcastle upon Tyne
              NE1 3BZ

              tel. 0191 241 8706
              fax. 0191 241 8713
            • AndyN
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 13, 2005
                So this means the club will be down £4.50 this week? Nice to know this far
                in advance!
                Andy
                : Meant to say last night, when you and Pol are booking hols, can
                : you bear in mind that we have a booking for Tues 15th March at
                : Sedgefield. This is another St Cuthbert's firewalk do, and we would
                : lose a certain amount of cred if we let carol down again!
                :
                : Dr John
                :
                :