RE: [durhamcityjugglers] RE: Reporter at DCJ tonight [1 Attachment]

  • John Childs
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2012
    Here is the picture I promised.

    JohnTheBees

    To: durhamcityjugglers@yahoogroups.com
    From: john.wolstenholme@...
    Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 20:37:10 +0000
    Subject: [durhamcityjugglers] RE: Reporter at DCJ tonight [1 Attachment]

    [Attachment(s) from John Wolstenholme included below]
    Hi All

    A big thanks to those who made it to the club last night. You may have seen the resulting article in today's Northern Echo (attached) which made page 3(!) with a links from the 'contents box' on the front page. Beaten for the front page by Friarage hospital closures. Probably the best outcome we could hope for. We should also make the Durham Times (the weekly paper) on Friday and with a bit of luck something should get in the Durham Advertiser (the freebie) this weekend, as well.

    If I get any responses directly to me, I will suggest thet they come next Tuesday rather than waiting until February. Andy, can you do the same for any that contact you by email. There doesn't seem to be any point in putting interested people off for a further week and it will help get round the problem of Cathy and I being away later on in the month. Bearing in mind the recent progress, we can hopefully limit discussion at our Special Meeting next week and finish it in a very short time.

    John

    PS Andy - the custom attachment for my socket set works brilliantly. Maybe you should patent it!

  • Roger
    Message 2 of 12 , Aug 17, 2012
      Hi Everyone,

      I am working on the new website. I am needing some photos of us
      juggling... I know we did a bit of a photo shoot a few years ago. Are
      any of these about or anyone have any suggestions.

      I am also needing some of the convention.

      Cheers

      Roger
    • AndyN

        Message 4 of 12 , Aug 28, 2012
          I have got new website almost done. Could everyone have a look at it and
          see what needs re-doing.

          http://www.durhamcityjugglers.co.uk/wordpress

          There is one thing that I know is missing is the Durham Convention
          History pages. I can do these, but they will take a little bit of
          sorting...

          Comments please? more eyes looking over it the better.

          Roger

          On 17/08/2012 14:00, Roger wrote:
          > Hi Everyone,
          >
          > I am working on the new website. I am needing some photos of us
          > juggling... I know we did a bit of a photo shoot a few years ago. Are
          > any of these about or anyone have any suggestions.
          >
          > I am also needing some of the convention.
          >
          > Cheers
          >

          > Roger

        • John Childs
          Message 5 of 12 , Aug 29, 2012
            I think that is great.  Clean and simple layout, no clutter.

            A small point: I think there might not be a gap between 'a' and 'T' in
            'A great way to spend a Tuesday night', on my monitor at least (IE9)

            JohnTheBee

            To: durhamcityjugglers@yahoogroups.com
            From: Roger@...
            Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 23:14:26 +0100
            Subject: Re: [durhamcityjugglers] Photos for new website

            I have got new website almost done. Could everyone have a look at it and
            see what needs re-doing.

            http://www.durhamcityjugglers.co.uk/wordpress

            There is one thing that I know is missing is the Durham Convention
            History pages. I can do these, but they will take a little bit of
            sorting...

            Comments please? more eyes looking over it the better.

            Roger

            On 17/08/2012 14:00, Roger wrote:
            > Hi Everyone,
            >
            > I am working on the new website. I am needing some photos of us
            > juggling... I know we did a bit of a photo shoot a few years ago. Are
            > any of these about or anyone have any suggestions.
            >
            > I am also needing some of the convention.
            >
            > Cheers
            >

            > Roger

          • Roger
            Message 6 of 12 , Sep 5 1:34 AM
              Any other comments?  I want to get it switched over later this week if that is ok with everyone.

              On 04/09/2012 22:48, cathy.mallam@... wrote:
              Message
              Hi Rog,

              I've just had a look at the website and it looks great!
              Thanks very much for sorting it out!

              C x

              I have got new website almost done. Could everyone have a look at it and
              see what needs re-doing.

              http://www.durhamcityjugglers.co.uk/wordpress

              There is one thing that I know is missing is the Durham Convention
              History pages. I can do these, but they will take a little bit of
              sorting...

              Comments please? more eyes looking over it the better.

              Roger

              On 17/08/2012 14:00, Roger wrote:
              > Hi Everyone,
              >
              > I am working on the new website. I am needing some photos of us
              > juggling... I know we did a bit of a photo shoot a few years ago. Are
              > any of these about or anyone have any suggestions.
              >
              > I am also needing some of the convention.
              >
              > Cheers
              >

              > Roger

            • alan.m
              Message 7 of 12 , Sep 5 4:26 AM
                Message
                Hi Roger

                In the true spirit of Nitpicking I'll mention that on the Juggling Convention page the useful link to Google Maps doesn't work.

                Other than that I think the site is great - nice, clear pages, easy to navigate and very user friendly.

                The only suggestion I can make relates to parking - this could be an issue for someone wanting to give it a go. If it's any use then here's a nice link http://www.burrows.co.uk/durhamaccessguide/Images/CarParking.pdf, also pointing out that most places are free after 6 o'clock might help.

                Cheers

                Alan

              • Roger
                Message 8 of 12 , Sep 5 5:09 AM
                  Excellent, thank Alan.

                  Actually all the links had faults in them, not sure why.  I think I have updated them all now.

                  Good point about the parking.  I have added another paragraph about that and given a link to parking map.

                  Cheers

                  Roger

                  On 05/09/2012 12:26, alan.m wrote:
                  Message
                  Hi Roger

                  In the true spirit of Nitpicking I'll mention that on the Juggling Convention page the useful link to Google Maps doesn't work.

                  Other than that I think the site is great - nice, clear pages, easy to navigate and very user friendly.

                  The only suggestion I can make relates to parking - this could be an issue for someone wanting to give it a go. If it's any use then here's a nice link http://www.burrows.co.uk/durhamaccessguide/Images/CarParking.pdf, also pointing out that most places are free after 6 o'clock might help.

                  Cheers

                  Alan

                • John Wolstenholme
                  Message 9 of 12 , Sep 6 5:28 AM
                    Hi Roger

                    Looks like excellent progress. I like the layout. We can add some more info about the Convention + newer pics. Not sure we need the 'old' history text. Its pretty meaningless for the general public,  but not a prob for the moment as its not very prominent.

                    Won't be at DCJ next week - there the week after.

                    Thanks for your work so far.

                    John

                    I have got new website almost done. Could everyone have a look at it and
                    see what needs re-doing.

                    http://www.durhamcityjugglers.co.uk/wordpress

                    There is one thing that I know is missing is the Durham Convention
                    History pages. I can do these, but they will take a little bit of
                    sorting...

                    Comments please? more eyes looking over it the better.

                    Roger

                    On 17/08/2012 14:00, Roger wrote:
                    > Hi Everyone,
                    >
                    > I am working on the new website. I am needing some photos of us
                    > juggling... I know we did a bit of a photo shoot a few years ago. Are
                    > any of these about or anyone have any suggestions.
                    >
                    > I am also needing some of the convention.
                    >
                    > Cheers
                    >

                    > Roger

                  • Roger
                    Message 10 of 12 , Sep 11 1:54 AM
                      I have switched the site over to the root directory and it mostly seams to be working ok (There is a glitch in wordress which has deleted a few images... will deal with this from home tonight).

                      Colin could you redirect the org.uk domain to the co.uk domain.

                      Mini's site will be there as a back up for the moment incase we have some problems.  I will put together a .htaccess files for him so it will all look slick... but I will do that next week.

                      Does this all look ok?

                      Cheers

                      Roger