Re: [durhamcityjugglers] Rent / subs increase

  • John Childs
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2011
      Hi Cathy,

      I had a look for that £10 Tesco offer and they seem to have withdrawn it.  It did disappear and reappear once before so you never know!  Tesco are worth watching as they have some good deals although I have not had to deal with their customer services.

      John

      Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 10:46 PM
      Subject: [durhamcityjugglers] Rent / subs increase

      Hi,

      As discussed at the club last night, the rent and insurance charges that the Community Association pay for the Shakespeare Hall have had a large (and backdated) increase so they have had no choice but to increase the room hire charges by 20%.  This increases our weekly charge from £23 to £28.  We don't want to make a loss every week and run down the club bank balance so our only option is to increase the subs from £2.00 to £2.50.  The charge for kids will remain at £1.  This will take effect from February 1st (i.e. next week) when the room hire charges go up.

      I know times are hard and it's not that long since we put the subs up from £1.50 to £2, but £2.50 is still cheaper than most other juggling clubs!  We've made enquiries about room hire charges at other venues and even at the new higher rate the Shakespeare Hall is still cheaper (and more conveniently located) than anything else that we've found.

      Cheers,

      Cath

    • Mike Bridge
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2011
        ooh, what did you get for a tenner?

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2011
          Hi Mike,

          I meant to just send this to Cathy but it is of general interest.  For a couple of separate months last year tesco did a SIM only deal £10/month 500 mins, unlimited texts and 500MB Internet, for me this is effectively unlimited by a factor of about three!  They have not put the price up for people already in the deal but it does not appear to be available at present.  I then bought myself (well received from Santa) a pay as you go phone.

          Cheers

          John