Shakespeare hall committee meeting

  • Les&Dyl
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2009
      Last wednesday we attended the shakespeare hall commitee meeting. 3 items were relevant to us
      1 The hall has been told they will not be able to get any more grants from Durham County Council unless every group using the hall has a child protection policy. Most groups have a more formal teaching structure and will be expected to have CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) checks on their group leaders. We explained that we do not have a formal teaching structure and that we are not willing to insist that everyone have a CRB check before we let them in. We explained what our procedure is using the forms Dr John designed which tell parents that not everyone is checked and asking them to sign that they understand and agree to their child attending. The commiteee thought this was acceptable We probably need to add a policy which sets out this procedure. 'Child' protection now includes 19 year olds. I don't know what we do about some-one who apparantly is both an adult and a child. Perhaps just give tham a form to sign for themselves ?????.

      2 Ther have been complaints about the floor being dirty. ( no-one is blaming us) Dave explained it is not possible to clean it more often because the hall is used constantly during opening hours and they can't afford for Russ to come in early or leave late to do extra cleaning. In any case this wouldnt help if the complainers were the last group in at th end of the day. We agreed that one of those huge brushes would be left out and groups would give the floor a quick brush over themselves if they felt the need or at the end of a session ready for the next group.
      3The centre is planning an 'open day' probably in the Autumn or possibly before. They requested we take part.
      Dyl