" The Dark Day" and "The Wet Parade"

  • Jande76959@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2001
      Hi All,

      First of all, thanks Jimmie for your confirmation about the Road man.

      Secondly, my father told me that amongst his relatives (all
      Dundonians) events were dated in relation to the day the bridge
      camedoon, the dark day (when the lamps had to be lit at noon) and the
      wet parade (when the Angus militia got so wet that many of them
      subsequently died of pneumonia). The first event is well known but
      can anyone shed any light on the other two?

      Cheers

      Sue

      Harrow, England