Re: [dundee-history] Gaining Access to our home Page

  • jbooth@nildram.co.uk
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2001
      Hello,

      > One of our members has just asked how do we access the Pictures,
      > recently posted by other members.
      >
      > I would just remind us all of a coupler of key messages which I posted in
      > recent weeks. Message #741 on 6 Feb was all about securing Yahoo IDs .
      > Message #763 on 2o Feb was " A Stroll around our new Site" and this dealt
      > in depth with securing Yahoo IDs to be able to do this!!
      >
      > I repeat the Key part now for everyones benefit.
      >
      > <<<<<
      > I checked on our progress in acquiring Yahoo IDs the other day, and am
      > bothered that only 37 of our160 odd members seem to have secured their
      > Yahoo ID. They are readily available by visiting http://login.yahoo.com
      > This ID is not necessary if you are content to depend on our exchanges of
      > messages , but I do believe that you may be short changing yourselves if
      > you do not have access to our Archives of previous Messages, and Files.
      > You will need to use a password as a part of the process - and to enter

      I am afraid I am not one of the 37 who went through the Yahoo
      process. Just speaking for myself, I am very uncomfortable about
      registering for anything like this with all organisations from
      Microsoft down and I prefer to stay short-changed. Please don't
      take this as criticism, I am only letting you have some feedback of
      my own view.

      Jim Booth

      --
      jbooth@...