Picture...

  • adrian.gray@pharm.ox.ac.uk
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2001
      I have a photograph of the lodge and some of the greenhouses from
      Carbet Castle which I have scanned in and would like to upload. I
      think it's rather a nice photo as the location can be tracked down
      even today - and I'd also like to find out what the building behind
      was called, and if it still stands. Does this pass the relevance test
      for the group (don't want to upset you now, Jim!). Also is there a
      preferred file size? It currently stands at 130-oddKB but I can
      probably get it smaller.

      I also have assorted old postcards and one or two photos of
      landscapes in the Dundee area (like Kinpurnie (?) Castle at Newtyle
      without any trees around it!) - I don't want to waste file space
      unnecessarily, but there might be one or two of interest in the pile.
      Any thoughts?

      Adrian
      Message 2 of 5 , May 31, 2001
        At 09:46 AM 31/05/2001 +0000, Adrian wrote:
        >I have a photograph of the lodge and some of the greenhouses from
        >Carbet Castle which I have scanned in and would like to upload.

        go ahead Adrian, i have no great problem with your ideas.
        If our space becomes tight, then we will have to do a bit of weeding one day.
        Just keep to the General theme of "Dundee & District."

        I can well remember during WWII walking up to the top of Kinpurney one
        Sunday afternoon, only to find a tent load of Polish soldiers guarding the
        "heights" !!

        Like the Scarlet Pimpernel, they were everywhere!!

        Jimmie
        Message 3 of 5 , May 31, 2001
          At 09:46 AM 31/05/2001 +0000, Adrian wrote:
          >I have a photograph of the lodge etc.

          Adrian , I forgot to respond to your query re file size. I guess you will be
          using .jpg format - you should be able to compress dowen to the 40/50
          mark in kbs, without any loss in clarity. Give it a spin.
          Jimmie
        • evanpet1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , May 31, 2001
            can anyone tell me how to download the pictures

            Message 5 of 5 , May 31, 2001
              At 10:23 PM 31/05/2001 -0400, evanpet1 wrote:
              >can anyone tell me how to download the pictures

              Hi there - I have written several times about the need to secure a Yahoo ID,
              in order to access our Home page where our Files, photos, and links are
              held. Hang on a tick, and I will send a broadcast reminder to all, setting out
              the procedure.

              We all need Yahoo IDs in order to access our Home page.