[dundee-history] Re: Correction - Abertay HS - E-Mail address

  • Don McEwan
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 21, 1999
      JMryle@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 3/19/99 9:21:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      > don.mcewan@... writes:
      >
      > <<
      > Yes, indeed - my Mother-in-Law was given one this New Year past - I haven't
      > seen it but I understand it is good. Could find out the name and
      > publisher, although it may well be too late now to purchase.
      >

      > Yes, could you? I'd appreciate it.
      > Norma Ryley US

      OK - Publishers:

      The " Grey Lodge Settlement"
      21 South George Street
      Dundee.
      Telephone: (01382) 223943

      Apparently they have published calendars of photos of past times in Dundee
      since 1994. The themes were:
      1994 Cinemas
      1995 Dance Halls
      1996 Jute Mills
      1997 Schools
      1998 Happy times when we were young (current)

      They thank DC Thomson (Dundee newspapers) for permission to use the photos.
      The monthly pages also have the hit tune of the time and other 'life'
      comments.

      I don't think I can find out any more at the moment - you could try writing
      to them if the calendars sound of interest to you, they sound like memories
      of times within living memory, rather than ancient history.

      My Ma-in-Law also recalled recent mentions in the local papers about old
      photos - perhaps DC Thomson are offering to sell copies - will check their
      Web site if I find time.

      -'The Noo -

      --
      Don McEwan
      Lothian

      Jings, Crivvens & Help Ma Boab.!
      <mailto:don.mcewan@...>

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/dundee-history
    • Kehoe
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 21, 1999
        Don
        How about scanning those pics and sharing them with the world?? :)

        Pam Low Kehoe
        Wisconsin

        At 04:40 PM 3/21/99 +0000, you wrote:
        >JMryle@... wrote:
        >>
        >> In a message dated 3/19/99 9:21:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        >> don.mcewan@... writes:
        >>
        >> <<
        >> Yes, indeed - my Mother-in-Law was given one this New Year past - I
        haven't
        >> seen it but I understand it is good. Could find out the name and
        >> publisher, although it may well be too late now to purchase.
        >>

        >> Yes, could you? I'd appreciate it.
        >> Norma Ryley US

        >OK - Publishers:
        >
        >The " Grey Lodge Settlement"
        >21 South George Street
        >Dundee.
        >Telephone: (01382) 223943
        >
        >Apparently they have published calendars of photos of past times in Dundee
        >since 1994. The themes were:
        >1994 Cinemas
        >1995 Dance Halls
        >1996 Jute Mills
        >1997 Schools
        >1998 Happy times when we were young (current)
        >
        >They thank DC Thomson (Dundee newspapers) for permission to use the photos.
        >The monthly pages also have the hit tune of the time and other 'life'
        >comments.
        >
        >I don't think I can find out any more at the moment - you could try writing
        >to them if the calendars sound of interest to you, they sound like memories
        >of times within living memory, rather than ancient history.
        >
        >My Ma-in-Law also recalled recent mentions in the local papers about old
        >photos - perhaps DC Thomson are offering to sell copies - will check their
        >Web site if I find time.
        >
        >-'The Noo -
        >

        >--
        >Don McEwan
        >Lothian
        >SCOTLAND
        >
        >Jings, Crivvens & Help Ma Boab.!
        ><mailto:don.mcewan@...>

        >eGroups Spotlight:
        >"drumkeeranfolk" - Irish folk stories and the Drumkeeran Family.
        >http://offers.egroups.com/click/243/1
        >
        >eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/dundee-history

        Celtic Women International, Ltd. - Celebrating Celtic Women Worldwide
        Annual Conference October 7-9, 1999 Visit http://www.cwiltd.org
        Blessings on you. May the Spring winds be kind.

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/dundee-history