Re: [dundee-history] New to the group

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2001
      At 03:15 PM 28/02/2001 -0500, you wrote:
      >Hello:
      >
      >My grandparents were married at the Mather's Hotel in Dundee in 1898. Where
      >was that located? Is it still there?
      >
      >I would be interested in knowing the very early history of Dundee. Is there a
      >good book available or possibly a web site?
      Barbara,

      Interestingly, my own Grandparents were married in Mather's Temperance
      Hotel around 1898 also! It is at the foot of Union St, and the corner of
      Whitehall Crescent., now close to the road access to the road Bridge.
      There is a great PC in our files of a lady passing the Hotel splendidly set
      up on a cart and horse.

      Re Books - Have a look at my list of books about Dundee - it is hopefully at
      http://jimjar.net/DUNDEE. You might get some of the more recent books ex
      a Library exchange scheme locally.

      Jim Robertson - Eumundi, Qld., Oz.