The Morgan Academy - ex The History of Dundee - 1878

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2000
      This book is in reality an attempt to create a Municipal History of
      Dundee. It was Compiled I believe by a retiring Town Clerk.

      The Extract quoted below, is perhaps a little flowery, and avoids the
      legal issues nicely!

      The Morgan Hospital

      This building is at the junction of the Forfar and the Pitkerro
      turnpike roads. The situation is admirable both for health and
      appearance, and the house is a very handsome structure, with
      abundance of ornamental and recreation ground, and the apartments are
      sufficiently comfortable to board and lodge a hundred boys, for the
      education of which number Mr Morgan, a native of dundee, devoted the
      greater part of a fortune accumulated in India.

      The Note goes on to say..... The discipline is excellent, and the
      appearance and manners of the boys have nothing to suggest the
      charity school!

      This 327 page book is jammed full of current facts, and historical
      references about Dundee - but sadly is lacking an Index.
      Fascinating none the less.

      Jimmie R