Our Precautions against virus attack.

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2000
      I thought that I should mention that I recently tightened up our "Settings",
      to exclude attachments. This has the effect also of preventing the sending
      of HTML messages thro our list. I felt that this was a precaution that would
      have your general support at the present time. We can always relax our
      guard if things quieten down.

      However, I also want to warn you all of a message I have just received
      from McAfee, I am now a subscriber to the McAfee.com Dispatch service.

      This warning was about "W32/ProLin@MM" which apparently is an
      Internet worm that spreads via email. McAfee Avert give this a risk
      assessment of Medium to High Risk. The mail comes in an attachment
      named CREATIVE.EXE, which carries the icon of a Shockwave Media
      Player application. DO NOT run this attachment, which may say
      something like "Subject - A Great Shockwave flash movie"

      I dare say that Norton will be responding similarily.

      Take care - you have been warned!

      Jimmie