St Mary's Parish Church

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2000
      Please may I compliment Ken Anton on the production of such
      a splendid web page about this lovely old Church.

      To come face to face with the organ gallery, where my family had
      a sitting in the 1940s on the North end, was quite a surprise!
      This was actually the City Council gallery , which was normally empty
      for most of the year. Dr J D Duncan got fed up preaching to an empty
      gallery, and he persuaded my Father to take a sitting, along with the
      Hardie family, which we occupied for very many years. George Gray was
      the Assistant minister at that time, and the organist was a Mr Arthur.

      I am so grateful to you Ken for all your efforts in putting this
      information together, with beautiful photos. Incidentally A L Russel,
      who designed some of the windows was principal of the Arts School in
      Bell St, and was a well known stained glass window artist! He was
      also my Scout Master for many years!!

      Enough nostalgia for the Group, I am sure. Nice work

      Jimmie R, now of Eumundi, Qld., Oz !!