- Can anyone shed any light on William Wilkie who in 1827 along with
Alexander Baillie had a boat built for them in Kingoodie by Walter Keay
which they named "Lady Mylnefield", Mastered by Alexander Lees. Wilkie
and Baillie were both tacksmen of the Quarry of Kingoodie or both had
tacks of quarries on the Mylnefield estate.
Also William Wilkie (grandson) who bought the Eastern half of Mylnefield
Estate from Alexander Wighton. William Wilkie lived in the Quarry house,
Kingoodie which burnt to the ground in 1899 which he rebuilt.He let the
Mylnefield House to a family called Brands. William Wilkie later sold
Mylnefield to a Misses Brand when the quarry ceased working. Any
information would be great.