Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Dundee - 1901

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2000
      Not quite the "Real McKay" but very clear and well reproduced - Just
      to tell everyone that I have received three maps published by Alan
      Godfrey Maps, the Off Quay Building, Foundry Lane, Newcastle upon
      Tyne NE6 1LH - UK. I ordered thwm thro their Agent in Melbourne !

      Granted that they show the town as it was, well after the mid 1800s,
      when rapid growth was underway, but they do enable you to appreciate
      the layout of the town, and the location of many of the Works, and
      public buildings, and even the "New Burial Ground".

      I am very glad to have bought them, and would be glad to do look ups
      for any of our members keen to locate places around the turn of the
      last century. They are not expensive publications, and I dare say
      that they could be easily ordered direct from Alan Godfrey Maps.

      The maps include some historical notes, and cover Dundee East, West,
      and South. They do not go out to Lochee, or much further north than
      the Clepington Road

      Jim R Eumundi, Qld., Oz.