More Tips for New Members

    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2000
      Just a few more tips for our newer Members, and perhaps a reminder for some of
      our more seasoned hands.

      I want to introduce our newer members to the Links, the Files, and the
      DataBase, but
      first I have to ensure that all members are Registered properly with
      eGroups - as distinct from being Subscribed to a particular Group, such as
      ours. Once Registered there should be no problems in everyone accessing the
      three special features which I have mentioned.

      This is what to do - from our Home page, click on Help, and then on Help
      Centre, and then on "eGroups Registration". I do suggest that you print
      this two page note out, and that you file very carefully the password you
      choose to use. You will certainly need it again, even if only to handle a
      change of address/ISP. Whilst in Help, you might like to go on in the Help
      Centre , and read thro the para on "Signing in/out".

      We have been quite successful in building up a very useful collection of
      Links
      to various resources giving information about Old Dundee. Library Links,
      Old views and photos of the town are amongst those listed.The Files section
      once known as the Vault, includes many interesting documents, well worth a
      look
      around.

      We have not found a need for a Data Base as yet, but members might find it
      interesting,
      and helpful to see our individual locations listed. This might highlight
      helpfully those living
      near to "base" as opposed to far flung places like my Eumundi in Queensland.
      Comments on this would be welcome.

      Our Home Page is a bit like a "Virtual Club Room" - let's make sure we take
      full advantage of it.

      Jim R Eumundi, Qld., Oz.