[dundee-history] This Groups Objectives - HISTORY of DUNDEE

  • jimjar@ozemail.com.au
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 1999
      This new group has been launched by it's originator, to provide a channel
      for the exchange of information on the History of Dundee. Let's keep it
      just as designed ! Let's even try to sharpen up a bit over the months, and
      develop sub groups about Medieval ,18th/19th Century, and turn of the 19th/20th Century for example.

      GENUKI provides a great springboard, and Virtual Library for Genealogical
      information, and Andrew Ramsay Nicoll manages the Angus County page.

      The Angus-List at Rootsweb provides a vibrant and effective Mailing List
      for all manner of genealogical issues re Dundee, and the surrounding areas.
      Camille keeps us all on our toes on this great List.

      The Scotland-Genweb List, again at Rootsweb, provides an even wider forum for the exchange of Genealogical information.

      Rampant Scotland , covering the whole of Scotland , now issues weekly a
      "Scottie" news letter of up to the minute chit chat, some of which relates to Dundee.

      The "Courier" has a WWW Page, and all manner of pages of current info about happenings in Dundee, including fitba'!!

      Let's do our best to develop confidence in our members that they will be
      reading contributions and messaages purely about Dundee History, when they tune in.

      As mentioned there are many other channels, all running actively, where they can read/exchange info on family history, sports, and current events. They would each welcome contributions in their own area.

      Jim R Eumundi, Qld, Oz

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/dundee-history
    • Malcolm Davidson
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 1999
        ---jimjar@... wrote:

        > ...Let's even try to sharpen up a bit over the
        > months, and develop sub groups about Medieval,
        > 18th/19th Century, and turn of the 19th/20th
        > Century for example.

        It would be the work of minutes to create sublists for such
        subcategories. Just let me know what's needed.

        ==
        Malcolm Davidson - Gdansk, Poland
        malcolm@... or madpoland@...

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/dundee-history