[dundee-history] Partial Dundee Directory - 1824

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 12, 2000
      Thanks to the stalwart efforts of Andrew Nicoll, working on a Uni
      assignment, we now have in our Vault
      an 1824 Street Directory for the Murraygate, the Seagate, and the High Street.

      Why not pay the Vault a visit. Delighted to see my Dicks in the Murraygate.
      Father and son -
      Tinplate Workers

      This is a .csv file -but the Vault seems to handle it OK. I notice we are
      reaching towards our limit for material in the Vault. A great sign, but one
      which may in a month or so cause a bit of pruning to be done - initially by
      those who submitted items please only!!

      Thanks Andrewe for your great efforts - glad we got it up safely.

      Jimmie R
    • Valerie Ackroyd
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 12, 2000
        I can't open the file--what does it require?

        Valerie

        Jim Robertson wrote:

        Thanks to the stalwart efforts of Andrew Nicoll, working on a Uni
        assignment, we now have in our Vault
        an 1824 Street Directory for the Murraygate, the Seagate, and the High Street.

        Why not pay the Vault a visit. Delighted to see my Dicks in the Murraygate.
        Father and son  -
        Tinplate Workers

        This is a .csv file -but the Vault seems to handle it OK. I notice we are
        reaching towards our limit for material in the Vault. A great sign, but one
        which may in a month or so cause a bit of pruning to be done - initially by
        those who submitted items please only!!

        Thanks Andrewe for your great efforts - glad we got it up safely.

        Jimmie R

        For the fastest and easiest way to backup your files and, access them from
        anywhere. Try @backup Free for 30 days.  Click here for a chance to win a
        digital camera.
        http://click.egroups.com/1/337/0/_/_/_/947713529/

        -- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=dundee-history&m=1

      • Andrew
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 12, 2000
          Hi folks

          The file is a .csv file, comma separated variable .... I think??

          It is possible to view it in a spreadsheet program such as excel or you can
          take it into notepad or word I think.

          Andrew

          A Ramsay Nicoll
          Email: A.Nicoll@...
          WWW www.dundee.ac.uk/~anicoll
        • Andrew
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 12, 2000
            In fact, after just going into the vault to look at a few things, I notice
            you just have to click on it and it just shows you what is there.....

            Andrew

            A Ramsay Nicoll
            Email: A.Nicoll@...
            WWW www.dundee.ac.uk/~anicoll
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 12, 2000
              At 01:58 2000-01-12 -0800, you wrote:

              > I can't open the file--what does it require?
              >
              > Valerie

              Hi Valerie, Andrew seems to have just the touch - it's maybe a little fickle,
              being originally a .csv file. I had to use "Keyview" to read it first of all,
              before loading it to eGroups. Their Vault is actually a bit choosy at
              times -
              don't understand it's feeding needs precisely.

              Jim R
            • Valerie Ackroyd
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 12, 2000
                Aaahhh. . .I had to rename the file and then I was able to open it with Excel. Couldn't have figured it ouit without your help. Thanks!

                Valerie

                Andrew wrote:

                In fact, after just going into the vault to look at a few things, I notice
                you just have to click on it and it just shows you what is there.....

                Andrew

                A Ramsay Nicoll
                Email: A.Nicoll@...
                WWW www.dundee.ac.uk/~anicoll

                Bolt down the furniture. LiquidPrice.com is giving away one
                serious Dream Home Theater. The ultimate $15,000 cinematic
                experience. LiquidPrice.com brings you consumer electronics
                where you pick the product, then retailers bid for your business.
                http://click.egroups.com/1/633/0/_/_/_/947717766/

                -- Create a poll/survey for your group!
                -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=dundee-history&m=1

              • JMryle@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 12, 2000
                  Ok...........I've forgotten how to get to the vault. (:>(

                  Could someone send me the url?

                  Thanks,
                  Norma Ryley
                • Grant E. L. Buttars
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 12, 2000
                    When I open click on the file it opens fine in Internet Explorer

                    Grant E. L. Buttars
                    (Dundee, Scotland)
                    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~gbuttars/

                    Andrew wrote:

                    In fact, after just going into the vault to look at a few things, I notice
                    you just have to click on it and it just shows you what is there.....

                    Andrew

                    A Ramsay Nicoll
                    Email: A.Nicoll@...
                    WWW www.dundee.ac.uk/~anicoll

                    Bolt down the furniture. LiquidPrice.com is giving away one
                    serious Dream Home Theater. The ultimate $15,000 cinematic
                    experience. LiquidPrice.com brings you consumer electronics
                    where you pick the product, then retailers bid for your business.
                    http://click.egroups.com/1/633/0/_/_/_/947717766/

                    -- Create a poll/survey for your group!
                    -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=dundee-history&m=1

                    Click here for Productopia!