[dundee-history] Lady in carriage passing Mathers Hotel - 1907

  • jimjar@ozemail.com.au
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 1999
      I notice that our Vault is collecting some really good images.
      Keep up the flow !

      I have just managed to scan a Valentines PC from the 1907mperiod, whih
      is all about the junction of Whitehall Crescent, and Union stree, with
      a bit of the city Churchers in the back ground. In the foreground is a
      splendid picture of a country lady, having been picked up at the
      station, being driven to do her shopping. The style is really great!
      Her hat magnificent!

      Jim R
    • Eileen@j51.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 1999
        Jim:

        What vault is that?

        Eileen

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 1999
          At 02:07 5/09/99 -0400, you wrote:
          >Jim:
          >
          >What vault is that?
          >
          >Eileen

          Hi there Eileen,

          You really ought to be paying a visit to our home page every now and then. You
          will see the Tag for Vault over to the right hand side of the range of Tags
          available to us.

          Don McEwan , Scotty, Andrew, and others have been busy filing images of Old
          Dundee for our members to look at!
          They are a nice nostalgic selection.

          Don is threatening to move some of his out ! I hope he doesn't quite yet -
          I am
          sure that with the summer holidays just passing, many of our members will be
          back, and like you hopefully will be digging around in our Home page.
          There is also a range of really great URLs for WWW pages about Dundee and
          district filed in the "Links" area.

          Please come back and tell me, and others that you have been to the Home page,
          and found the Lady on her shopping trip!

          Jim R