[dundee-history] Re: 1881 census

  • Douglas Nicholson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 20, 1999
      I have had a good look through the whole of Scotland but cannot find
      your family in the 1881 Census. The nearest I can come up with is a
      husband and wife only at 87 Norman Street, Barony, Lanarkshire,
      Scotland. James PARK aged 65 was a Card Grinder, and had been born at
      Mearns, Renfrewshire, Scotland. His wife, Mary PARK was only aged 35
      and she had been born in Leitrim County, Ireland. It is possible that
      they could have had a child three years earlier in Ireland but I
      couldn't find in Scotland anywhere any
      John,James,David,Charles,George,Frank or William PARK born in Ireland
      in 1878. As you didn't give any age for James Park or his wife that
      is the best I can come up with. They could all still have been
      somewhere in Ireland - and the 1881 set does not cover that. Best
      wishes for your searching.
      Douglas Nicholson (dlnbn@...)