[dundee-history] FW: Broughty Ferry

  • Ken Anton
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17 4:59 AM
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Caroline Gurney [mailto:cmgurney@...]
      Sent: 15 July 1999 00:54
      To: ANGUS-L@...
      Subject: Re: Broughty Ferry

      Anyone with Broughty Ferry ancestors will find this virtual tour very
      interesting:

      http://www.norcol.ac.uk/BEd/ferryhist/tour/virtualtour.html

      There are many pictures of the town & the fisherfolk in the 19th century.

      The information on the Bell Rock Square area of Broughty Ferry refers to an
      old cemetery where there are "several interesting graves erected in memory
      of local people, and recalling the once popular fishing family names of
      Knight, Lorimer, Webster, Gall and Ferrier."

      As Webster & Gall are among my Broughty Ferry fishermen's names, I found
      this very exciting!

      Caroline Gurney
      Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK
      cmgurney@...